on 16 November 2013
I buy this all the time as it 'does what it says on the packet'. This particular pcarton contains 12 sachets, so using ot once a montgh (as recommended) will last 6 or 12 months. It is the same as the 'industrial' one produced & manufactured by Indesit. They are all produced by the same company but come in different quantities. The sachets are simple to use with clear instructions on them: empty the contents into the detergent drawer of both the washer & dishwasher, set at a minimum cycle of 60 degrees & forget it until the cycle finishes. The end result is a sparkling clean machine! Don't bother shopping elsewhere, this is, quite simply the best! And was recommended by my Hotpoint Engineer when he last serviced my washing machine, so what better recommendation than that!
on 14 November 2014
As I haven't ever removed the element and compared it to one removed from an identical machine with the same weekly usage, I cannot guarantee this product. All I know is that my machines continue working for longer than my neighbours do. I've been using this but they haven't. I know, it ain't scientific evidence, but it's good enough for me!! I have recommended to friends etc and can recommend to you guys and gals too:)

This is a genuine product, as distributed by the Indesit group (including Hotpoint). The box has changed from the one currently pictured here, but it is still genuine - Manufactured by Docchem on behalf of and for distribution by Indesit.

Only 4 stars as something like this just doesn't have the 'wow factor'!
on 25 August 2013
Well firstly after all the reviews I expected this product to do the works but sadly failed on all accounts. BUT my machine was old and did smell badly. I think if your machine is nearly new then this would work but on old machines don't bother. I used 4 packets yes 4 $$$$ still did not touch it. Look else where or buy a new machine like me ;>
on 3 February 2015
Very straight-forward to use in both dishwasher and washing machine. Seems to work well in cleaning and de-scaling pipes through whole system. Probably worth using about four times a year. This product good value compared with others.
on 6 August 2013
it keeps my washers really clean I was experiencing now and again black smudges on my washing but now thanks to this cleaner it is really clean no marks now at all
on 2 April 2015
I have been using this in my Hotpoint washing machine since new. I have been using this product once a month as directed and the machine is now 2 years and still looks and performs like new. There is no sign of limescale or mould and the machine smells good. I would recommend this product.
on 29 December 2015
I have used this product on washing machine and dishwasher every month for the past 9 years and both appliances are still alive and kicking.
Maybe I was lucky or maybe this powder really works.
on 4 April 2014
As the heading says. I use it once a month and my washer/dryer and dishwasher both stay clean. I have used other products but they don't seem to clean off soapy residue which this does.
Recommended by our Hotpoint engineer. Does a good job of clearing any 'gunk' and cleaning the inside of the machine.

Works well if you use it approximately monthly
on 17 January 2016
Used this ever since a Hotpoint Engineer recommended it some years ago. Use in washer and dishwasher no probs since (washer used to scale up hence engineer visit).