Jess spent many happy years married to her husband before she became a widower but she never forgot the night that she saw Alistair locked in a passionate embrace with a married woman. She has mourned her husband for a year and is finally ready to face the world again and what better way to start than by travelling to Jamaica to visit the plantation she inherited. Alistair has a reputation as a ladies man and a rake but the one woman who he ever cared for was the one who was beyond his reach. But now Jess is travelling on one of his ships he sees it as the perfect opportunity to finish what they started all those years ago. He will do whatever it takes to bring Jess's passionate side to the surface.

As a massive fan of Sylvia Day's Bared to You series and a lover of historical romances I couldn't resist reading Seven Years to Sin. This is supposed to be the story that inspired Bared to You but I have to admit I didn't find as many similarities as I expected to. Even so I am happy to say that I absolutely loved Seven Years to Sin and would highly recommend it to anyone who loves erotic romance novels.

Jess is a great character and I loved the fact that she isn't a shy virgin or someone who had an unhappy marriage. Her arranged marriage with Benedict may not have been the most passionate but they both loved each other deeply and had a good life together before his death. Devastated as she was by his loss Jess is slowly rebuilding her life on her own, thankfully Benedict left her financially secure which gives her the freedom to do as she chooses, something she intends to make the most of by travelling. Before her marriage Jess had a very unhappy childhood at the hands of an abusive and controlling father and she won't risk ending up in a similar situation by being forced to marry again. For years memories of Alistair have haunted her and when he makes his move she finds him impossible to resist.

As the fourth son of an Earl Alistair has been allowed to live his life as he pleases, he spent his time building a successful business but also seduced more than his fair share of women. In spite of the fact that he is so successful he has always felt like a disappointment to his father and they have a very strained relationship. Alistair has been half in love with Jess for seven years and there is no way he is going to miss this chance of proving to her that they belong together. Although Alistair has a naughty streak a mile wide he is also incredibly sweet and caring when it comes to Jess, he will do anything to make her happy and he always puts her needs above his own. The couple have scorching hot chemistry that burns up the pages but they also have a deep emotional connection and I loved watching the way they both helped to heal each other.

I couldn't get enough of Seven Years to Sin and was sad to reach the end - I loved Jess and Alistair both individually and as a couple but I also loved the side story with Jess's sister Hester. As soon as I finished I wanted to turn back to the first page and start reading it all over again and I don't think it will be too long before I end up re-reading it (if you had any idea how rarely I re-read books then you'd understand what a high compliment that is!). I became a fan of Sylvia Day when I read Bared to You but this has just proved to me how much I love her writing style, she is able to create characters I am emotionally connected to and I always feel invested in their stories. I am now planning on working my way through her back list and can't wait to see what else she has in store for me! If you're looking for a raunchy and erotic historical romance then Seven Years to Sin is one I would highly recommend. Even if you don't usually pick up historical romances I'd still recommend this book - especially to fans of Bared to You.
on 30 December 2012
What a fantastic read. The romance, sex and love is all based around an old fashioned setting. Picturing the clothing, the high society setting and the ideals of such an era was Wonderful. The 2 love stories running along side each other and seeing the story from 4 different views worked brilliantly. I will read this book over & over again. It totally gripped me.
on 3 August 2013
I loved, adored this book it was a historic which I love but it was also a tell of two broken souls who understand each other I have read this book more than once but I never get tired of reading it I would defiantly recommend it.
on 8 May 2013
The wife, wanted a book for Christmas and I just couldn't buy into the whole 50 Shades so found this on Amazon for her. Surfice to say that she's read more from Sylvia Day on the strength of this one book.
on 12 October 2015
Sylvia Day at her finest. However the only jarring note is the dialogue in places is more US than UK.
on 10 September 2015
for the price good read
on 17 January 2014
What a great story, I would never have chosen a book set in the past. After reading the Crossfire book I thought would try something else by Syliva Day and was not disappointed
on 20 May 2013
I really love this book, i found it really easy to read it has a good stroy. would recomend to alll.
on 23 June 2017
Book mark was a nice touch😀
on 25 March 2013
Really enjoyed this book. Well written and difficult to put down!
Arrived on time and look forward to ordering more by this author.