Customer reviews

on 21 November 2015
Though she is part of the popular, rich crowd, it's obvious from the start that Megan isn't like the rest of them, so when she goes against them to save a family from a burning building she then winds up in trouble even though it's not her fault.

This leads her to community service at Riley house, where she properly meets long-term crush Nate. The story continues to develop their relationship until the bad guy turns up and secrets are revealed. Will Megan be able to handle it...read the story to find out.

I personally love this book and am reviewing it after my second time reading it. I think Megan is easy to relate to and despite Nate's initial impression I have certainly grown to love him. I've always loved the idea of soulmates which is why I tend to fall hardest for books with werewolves or other supernatural bonds but I think the nicest thing about this was that it was subtle. They weren't immediately making out and though we later find out the attraction was immediate for them, it's sweet that it has taken time to develop.

I also like how Nate is humble. He hates himself for being a monster (which I don't agree with but hey ho) which is different from a few other werewolf books I've read where the guy thinks he walks on water. The book holds a good pace, ensuring that there's never a boring moment.

I awarded 4* rating because even though I would happily read it ten times over, I do think the book is predictable in areas. This is one of those books that I can pick up knowing its a good, easy read but it doesn't pull at my heart strings or make my heart leap out of my chest as much as others do.
on 27 January 2014
I'm not a huge fan of romance, but when it is a paranormal story in which romance plays a part in the plot, rather than a series of sexual encounters loosely connected by dialogue, then it can be a fun read. This book falls into that category. The subject matter is not especially new but the author uses the mythology in a way that makes sense, and puts her own individual slant on how the characters develop. My only real criticism [spoiler] was the ease in which the heroine moved from one part of her life to another; it was too glib, too sudden, and struck an incongruous note in what was otherwise a well-crafted plot.
on 14 November 2014
at the beginning it was so good, but then it got boring, not sure if I will buy second one
on 29 December 2013
Other authors please take note. This was a long and great value for money book. The characters were developed, as was the story, there was no glossing over incidents, mainly everything was detailed. (There were a couple of parts that I felt could have been explained more, hence the four stars.)
Megan is a rich girl who, with her shallow friends at school, leads a privileged life. Her parents are interested only in themselves and their appearance. She eventually accepts blame for an incident and shields her friends. There she has to work with Nate who she's always liked. After some misunderstandings they fall for each other but Nate is different.
I enjoyed this, it's suitable for teens and above.