Customer reviews

Size: HDMI Audio Extractor|Colour: 4k2k (30Hz)|Change

on 16 July 2013
I bought this to split hdmi output from my hdmi switch into a TV and a HDMI capture card. Compared to the previous splitter I bought (which cost me around £10) this one is perfect, no quality loss that I can see and in a solid little case.

One thing that could annoy some people (not myself) is the brightness of the blue LEDs on the box, they're pretty bright in a dark room, so if that's an issue be aware, although a bit of blutack or duct tape would fix that in a jiffy.
on 17 March 2013
If you are wanting to take one HDMI and take it to two displays then you need something like this. DO NOT buy cheaper passive devices (ones that don't need plugging in). HDMI can't just be split like other cables and so any device that claims to split a HDMI signal MUST have its own power supply. (I learnt this the hard way).

This product has a quality feel to it. It has a solid metal casing and has a good weight to it. I'm sure there will be some reduction in signal quality but I can't notice it. As always, you want to use good HDMI cables too!

I use this to send one signal to a 50" plasma and the other to a 90" projection. I haven't tried sending full HD 3D through it but I have successfully sent sky 3D.

The device itself is quite small and I have managed to hide it behind my AV receiver. It is a little awkward to manoeuvre though as even though its small you end up having 4 cables coming out of it. (3 HDMI plus power).

I would definitely recommend this product as you won't get a quality alternative any cheaper.
on 6 September 2013
Connected my PC monitor and plasma TV into hdmi outs 1 and 2 respectively, plugged in the AC adapter and booted into windows. No diminishing of picture quality that I can see and games look great on 42" plasma at 1080p / 60hz.

Did have an initial problem getting audio through TV speakers, but changing soundcard's config from 5.1 surround to stereo direct solved this.

Plasma also works fine with monitor turned off.
on 27 April 2013
My XBox360 connects to my monitor when I want to play and then disconnected and re-connected to the tv so my son can play. I don't like the idea of connectors being pulled in and out of the XBox, wear & tear etc.
The splitter is small and is of a very solid build, you know you know you've got a quality piece of kit straight away. The only thing I don't like is that the power cable is short, about a metre.
Nothing else I can say except that there is no loss of quality and the package arrived swiftly.
on 16 May 2013
Bought this to connect to an Optoma 230x projector connected to a device that could only output surround sound on the HDMI cable. The projector has no speakers or audio pass through to external amp. This device worked perfectly. It appears to negotiate 5.1 (or stereo if you press the switch) through to the connecting device on its own. This is a good feature because if your device doesn't report that it supports anything other than 2 channel audio then you would only get stereo otherwise! It can then output the audio over optical toslink or coaxial spdif.

Nice little box - well made. Does the job perfectly.
on 28 December 2013
Had a problem with 15 metre HDMI leads. Had two leads one a QED cost £168 and on cheap one cost £20, neither worked. A lot of reviews blame the cables but its not always the cable problem. My problem was a projector was not seeing the signal but plugging in a tv on the same cable worked fine. The projector did however work with a laptop plugged in. So some products need a stronger input as well. Saw this on Amazon and good reviews.
Paid extra for faster delivery and arrived as expected.
This unit solved the problem instantly. Picture is excellent (have a Panasonic PT6000)
have not tried 3D through it as not keen on 3d movies.
another major benefit is not having to switch amp to second HDMI as both feeds simultaneous.
Highly recommended and well built
only change i would make is make the LEDs less bright on these type of products as what is the point of a bright LED that are only to show that the channel is working.

also a foot note
Cannot see any difference at all between a £170 cable and a £20 cable so don't be fooled into buying cables at stupid prices.
on 3 March 2013
Great product which delivers HD quality around the home to my displays. No sign of picture degredation (over 10m run in one case) and full 1080p signal passed too.
Only issue is not being able to split the Audio Return Channel (ARC) signal from two such equipped displays but perhaps that was me expectecing too much from an item in this price range???
on 12 September 2013
The Splitter box is very neat and takes up little space. Unfortunately it was the wrong item for my needs. The supplier apologised for sending the wrong item, although it was the one I ordered (It was my fault), and advised me what to buy to obtain the results for which I was looking. Excellent service.
on 31 July 2013
Simple and Solid. This little splitter is great for on the go people like me who work on filming. It has a really durable aluminium body and everything just works as it should.
I couldn't be happier with it. Smaller than you would expect as well which is an added bonus!
on 18 February 2013
I admit, I was a bit sceptical about this product but when I got it, I was amazed by it's capabilities. It really does the job and to be more specific I use it to send the video signal through a 20m HDMI cable from a HD BOX and I can't see any dots or "ghosts". There may be a loss of signal in the process but you need the tools to measure that. Then again I can't see any difference between the video STB -> HDMI -> TV or STB -> Splitter -> HDMI -> TV. I run two TV's at the same time, hope this helps!