Vile [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 28 April 2013
The film opens attempting to build character of two young couples. The next thing you know they are trapped inside a house with other people. Their brains are connected to a collection system which measures and deposits chemicals produced when the body is in pain. The captives have 22 hours (86 minutes movie time) to produce the desired amount of this chemical or else! They can feel free to use any of the torture devices provided.

There are two things you can do, should you want to play the game.

A) Figure out which ways effectively get the desired chemical by causing pain, but minimizing the damage to the body, such as pulling a tooth and irritating the nerve ending underneath or...
B) Draw lots and randomly torture each other in different ways.

Plan B makes for a better film. The film was mindless and senseless, not like the original "Saw." Unless you just want to watch people hitting and cutting each, you might want to take a pass. Oh yes, expected twist blah blah blah. The opening soundtrack/scene was the best aspect of the film.

Parental Guide: F-bombs. No sex or nudity.
on 11 September 2013
This is a film about PAIN-lots of it! If you have a low threshold of pain,then this is not for you-it will make you want to hide! If you love to cringe,then this is for you-you may like it!
on 25 July 2016
I am always saddened by films that have great ideas but execute them badly. The idea of the movie was really interesting and piqued my interest. The setting was good, the effects were good but there was just so much rubbish to wade through, all the good was lost.
Where to start?
None of the characters are particularly likeable and several look very similar so it's hard to work out who each person is, especially in relation to the others. Who is who's boyfriend etc. The gore and violence is often off camera or implied and despite the situation the people find themselves in, they do a lot of things that even an idiot would avoid or rethink.

It's ok for killing a few hours, but isn't one I'd watch again.
on 28 July 2014
where to start, low budget, bad acting, and awful directing. I like a good horror movie and the plot sounded really clever, but nothing made sense, it took ages to get going, the only reason we watched it all was to see how it ended.....it really wasn't worth it and its 2 hours of my life I wont get back!! its such bad quality that when the actors are screaming its like the volume had increased but there are points when some of the characters are talking so quietly that even with the TV volume on max we couldn't work out what was being said. im just glad it was cheap to buy and it arrived on time and in good condition .
on 24 August 2016
This movie is probably better than it sounds. At least the torture inflicted on these people was genuinely disturbing to watch.

While technically good character writing, there's some idiot named Tara who is incredibly frustrating. She was the only character I didn't feel any sympathy for when she was subjected to the process.
on 18 May 2013
So Vile is basically (as people would call it) a Saw ripp-off. The opening scene of the film is chilling and effective, it was very well done considering the director hasn't worked on other projects. The movie centers around 4 people who pick up a hitchhiker (yea we've seen it before oh my my, tiresome.) But I didn't personally mind this because some of the actors in this movie are from my childhood show, Passions. That crazy, funny soap opera. Heidi Mueller and McKenzie Westmore. So that's already a plus from me. The rest of the cast does pretty well, considering with some of the script's stupidity. The torture scenes are intense and brutal but not overly graphic. And some characters are somewhat likeable, to the point where some are revealed to be evil (I won't spoil).

- Vile actually surprised me. With a 4.7 rating on IMDB, I thought (oh...this is utter garbage) but then I saw some of the cast and the MPAA rating. Well...it's not a complete loss, right? Vile manages to entertain and disgust sometimes (although not me...I've seen The Human Centipede 1 & 2, Cannibal Holocaust and much much more brutal films. I'm just imune and such a horror buff.) But other people...might get squeamish. So if you want a fairly good time (if you like mediocre type, mild torture films) VILE can bite the cake right off.
on 4 June 2014
I love a good horror/thriller but this seems to have missed the mark by a long way. not saw by any means. seemed to have saved on the budget by only using one room. I did get ready to jump but then missed the mark by a mile. would not watch again rather save my time
on 15 November 2016
People who direct and act in these type of movies, are pampering to all the sicko's out there, who thing these type of movies are entertaining. Proper gore movies have a story, not let us torture people for entertainment. These films are for people who have a screw loose in the first place, and we pamper them with torture films, for their sick entertainment. Lets make proper gore movies again like re-animator, from beyond, society erc.
on 17 December 2015