PIXMA IP7250 SINGLE FUNCTION
Size: Printer with Full Set of Inks|Change

on 22 August 2013
I use this printer mainly to print off photographs, and it is excellent, the print quality is so professional even at the standard settings, and it's really quick too!

You have 2 trays. In one tray, I keep it loaded with my 6x4 photo paper, and keep my other tray loaded with A4. So I can easily change between these 2 sizes just by changing my paper size in the printer settings. But essentially what you can do is, if you like printing documents and photographs... you can keep the first tray loaded with up to 7x5 photo paper, and just use the a4 tray for normal a4 printing paper.

Ink is expensive, but actually quite reasonably priced compared to some other printers I have owned in the past. You can get some very good quality compatible ones from companies such as moreinks for slightly cheaper than the genuine inks, and they have a good and trusted reputation. I've used ink catridges in the past which totaled up to £100.

The automatic duplex is very useful, especially when you are printing out a lot of pages and want to save paper and time.

I highly recommend that you set up your printer for wireless use and connect to it like this so all your other computers can access it too. When installing the driver, be careful because a lot of other things gets included which can be a bit annoying, but some people may like the software that comes with it, but personally I don't.

I really do think that Canon have done well when designing this printer. The output tray automatically pops down if it's printing so you don't forget and cause a paper jam. The paper trays are inside the printer so no more dust collecting paper. Each ink cartridge has a status light which I believe is used to tell you which one needs replacing (let's face it, 5 ink catridges and when you get to replacing it you may forget which one has run out). I can't help but think that Canon have thought of the common printing problems and have done what they can to resolve some of them which always gets a thumbs up by me.

Whatever you want to print, photographs, documents etc, this is a printer suitable for all types of printing up to A4. You really can't go wrong. To me, Canon have packed features into this low priced printer, and I just had to buy it!

I hope this review helps you to decide on purchasing it or not. But for the price, you are getting an absolute bargain with the print quality and features.
1010 Comments| 282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 December 2017
I bought this as an addition to my HP4500 workhorse because it can handle 300gsm card and direct print on cd / dvd's (the HP does neither). It does both these brilliantly with perfect results. It also produces really first class prints on photo paper. All in all I cannot find any fault with the quality of all the printing tasks I've asked of it. Two very minor gripes are it seems to take a lot of time to get started with loads of clicking (and other) noises and secondly I could not get the setup cd to work - it simply sent my dvd reader beserk and I had to stop it using the task manager (windows 10). Fortunately all the required drivers and software is available on the excellent canon web site so this was not a major problem.
The instructions for setting up are pretty straight forward and the connection to WI-FI was a doddle but the rest of the information in the on line manuals is a bit sparse and I've had to experiment a little to get things going the way I want.
On the whole this is the first printer I have ever had which produces such good results from the start and I can honestly highly recommend it to anyone looking for a printer to give excellent results on a variety of media.
on 29 December 2012
excellent printer but shame about the ink cartridges... i find it too expensive compare to my old canon ip5000 printer ink cartridges!!
22 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 September 2017
This a great printer once you figure out to use it. The manual wasn't very helpful on how to print direct to cd and neither was the website. They seem to think a set of pictures will explain everything. Not so. But once I sorted it all out it is working well.
on 28 June 2017
I purchased this for my small business making planner stickers and I'm very impressed! I already have a laser printer and I definitely see a difference in the quality if printing! This is very well priced and does the job. Compatible ink (from what I hear) works very well with this printer and it is reasonably priced.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it!

The only downside I would say is the speed, but the quality makes up for it in my opinion.
on 11 August 2017
Throws out an extra piece of paper everytime. Bluetooth wouldn't work properly, so I went back to using the cable. I preferred my old Canon ip4700. Quality seems to have come down, maybe due to intense competition.
on 24 July 2017
Build is quality footprint is huge , all-in one No photo printer only does not scan copy etc but for photography superb I would think no screen to preview let down returned as not what I was looking for
on 18 August 2017
Packed up after only six weeks. Was wonderful to start with, easy to set up and print was good.
Amazon customer service is super. A replacement was sent out at once which is working perfectly.
on 8 April 2014
Wouldn't buy it for regular printing purposes. Bought it to brand our DVD's with our small company logo. Easy enough instructions but every time I use it the first two to three DVD's come out smudged or stick. After that they come out fine so I would recommend that you do as many as you can in one batch. I have done about 4 batches now and it is the same each time.

Pricey for ink so have used to have it as a back up. It's now my main printer as my old Brother Printer died on me and it makes me flinch to buy the inks! Will need to buy another for normal document printing.

I usually always look to see the price of replacement inks before I buy the printer. Initial low price on the shelf isn't always a good deal!
on 15 August 2017
A simple printing job, a page or two of text, turns into a massive trouble shooting epic, wasting hours of time and not always successful. What happened to click and print? Why is that so difficult?