Customer reviews

on 29 January 2015
I'm always on the look out for interesting bread recipes and was impressed by the content of this book, which I picked up as a freebie. I'd be happy to pay for it and will check out other books by June Kessler. This is packed with both help and recipes. The Table of Contents is interactive; easy to switch between recipes. There's also an interactive hyperlink at the end of each recipe which takes you back to the TOC. Makes it very user friendly. The book starts with tips on bread making, including measurements, yeast, temperatures, starter doughs, kneading, glazes, creating oven steam and more. So for a complete novice, it's comprehensive and simple to understand what goes into bread making.

The recipes are amazing. An eclectic mix of breads and tastes from around the world. Starting with some basics including Cottage Loaf, Oatmeal Rolls, Scotch Rolls and milk bread, it also includes the more exotic. Tuscan bread, Hungarian Potato bread, Rosemary and Raisin, whole wheat Cheese Loaf, pumpernickel, Soda bread, Jamaican banana bread...the list seems endless and I've earmarked over a dozen recipes I'm keen to try. I've never used avocado in a bread recipe but there's a recipe which includes raisins, avocado and pecan, along with cinnamon and allspice which makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

Well laid out and easy to follow. The final section even covers bagels, calzone and pizzas plus troubleshooting advice. It's a cracking book and I can't fault it.
on 29 January 2016
Brilliant.
on 9 December 2012
always good to review food books, although an individual viewpoint, I feel this book is very information, takes the reader through a number of very useful steps to successful bread making
on 4 November 2013
I found this book very interesting with loads of mouth watering pictures and recipes. I am going to invest in a proper copy of this book to add to my cookery book collection. I have been inspired.
on 31 January 2013
This is a very good book with excellent intructions for the skilled cook or the beginner.

The instructions are well written with ease of understanding. There are many recipes which I am looking forward to trying. Lots of helpful tips with the preparation of the breads and interesting toppings, glazes etc.

Lucky for me, when I downloaded this book it was free, but I would recommend buying this book if you like baking, especially different breads. Happy baking!
on 29 May 2013
Fantastic book, brilliant recipes. Highly recommend. Easy to download to our kindle, so recipes to hand
Will tell friends and family
No need to buy bread, make it instead.
on 7 June 2013
I really enjoy making my own bread I have been using a bread-maker until recently, but since using this book I am baking in the oven and bread is delicious
on 31 October 2013
Did not realise that Cookery Books could be so interesting on a Kindle. I Have learnt several new ways of doing things, my bread making has benifited.
on 10 March 2013
Just what I needed. A range of different breads that you dont get in other bread books. Nice easy instructions and clear pictures.
on 19 March 2013
This book was less than £2 on Kindle and has a wide range of recipes in both metric and American measurements. Have made a few mistakes on the way but I think I've cracked it now with the help of this book (and Paul Hollywood!). Would recommend.