Format: DVD|Change

on 23 July 2013
I have done my first 20 minutes with this dvd today. I loved it. For a beginner I found it easy & pleasant to follow. I am quite stiff and was amazed at how much more flexible I felt afterwards. Can't wait to do more
on 23 March 2013
Really love this DVD just as much as Tara's first 'Earth' foundation DVD.

I am relatively new to yoga and find that I can complete almost all of the dvd already. It feels like I have had a work out, especially if I have time to complete all three sections in one go! I improvise a few of the asanas due to a chronic back problem, however, I've noticed that yoga is helping this so much and I am having far fewer pain flare-ups. My muscles feel as if they are being unravelled (as opposed to feeling regularly in spasm) & I feel so much more relaxed in general.
Tara has a soothing voice and the routines are fairly easy to follow, especially after a couple of times. The bonus features on each dvd are also great, each about 10 mins long. I haven't attempted the 'core/dynamic' bonus yet, however, the 'breathing' and 'balances' bonus sections are brilliant & I often do these in addition to the main practice sessions, depending on how much time I have.
I understand Tara Lee holds classes in London (and specialises in pre-natal yoga), but for those of us living miles away, her DVD's really do the job! I wish I'd started doing yoga years ago, as these dvd's are so good. After 2 weeks of between 30mins- 1.5hours daily yoga practice, I feel so much better and have surprisingly lost 5lbs and an inch from my waist, already! Highly recommended.
on 27 February 2016
I purchased this for my wife who has experienced lower back pain after the birth of our daughter and Tara is a great teacher and easily shows you all of the different positions, this has really strengthened my wife core muscles and the back pain is considerably better.
on 30 December 2013
Air & Water Flow is the second title in the Elements of Yoga series by London-based instructor Tara Lee. This particular volume focuses on the second chakra and Tara frequently adds gentle fluidity to the poses to encourage more space in the body.

The main practice on this DVD is broken up into three segments:

The first is a relaxing sequence which starts with breath work then progresses into flowing upper body stretches, poses on all fours (cat/cow, hip circles), modified balance poses (side plank/half moon), a few exercises to warm up the shoulders and core (forearm plank and dolphin pose variations) and ends with sphinx/cobra and child's pose.

The second workout is more challenging with chatturangas, sun salutations, and the warrior series.

The last segment continues with a few more chatturangas and sun salutations, then leads into twisting poses, several moderate backbends (bow, bridge), and finally, variations of shoulderstand before ending shavasana and alternate nostril-breathing.

There are several bonuses on the DVD (these are same extras on all of the titles in this series): a breathing practice, also part of Air & Water Flow; a balancing sequence from Earth Foundation; a core workout from Fire Dynamic; and an extended 5-minute shavasana track.

I have practiced yoga for several years (Shiva Rea and Janet Stone being two of my favorite instructors) but I was looking for programs that were a little easier to customize based on my daily energy levels. Tara Lee's series has definitely filled that void and I would highly recommend her DVDs to both beginners and experienced yoga practitioners alike; her cuing is thorough and her demeanor is down-to-earth, encouraging yet soothing. As an added bonus, these practices were filmed at a beautiful outdoor setting in Surrey.
22 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 October 2013
This DVD is divided into 3 twenty minutes sessions plus five minutes relaxation at the end.Tara has a well modulated voice and the film is taken on the edge of the lake in Verulamium Park, St Albans, in the sunshine - all very English! The yoga flows gently but you will feel well exercised at the end. Thoroughly recommended for all levels of experience.
on 9 August 2014
Great item, Great work out. I now have the full set. Although it is not a class with a instructor you can see the difference in the body, mind, spirit and physical strength. Amazing woman. I have recommend the DVDs to family and friends recovering from sports injury
on 10 August 2015
Done Yoga and Pilates on and off for 20 years now this is the best DVD - it's pretty strenuous so take your time but I like that she doesn't over explain everything as that just gets annoying when you are used to the DVD. If your new to it take your time and build up to it. Tara is lovely and calming and the music is really nice.
on 3 February 2013
I love this product. I find Tara's presentation unintrusive and simple to follow and the 3 different programmes provide variety. I find it quite basic but I have been practising yoga for a number of years but it is good for days when I can't go to a class or I don't have a whole hour to give.
on 18 December 2012
I was first introduced to tara's teaching practice during my pregnancy, with her pregnancy for yoga DVD. I practiced it religiously up until a week before the birth of our daughter. I then bought her post natal yoga and yoga for mum and baby DVD's again superb... I've recently bought her Flow Yoga DVD and again I absolutely love it... Her teaching style is so unique and inspiring that I only wish that I lived in London to attend her classes! Looking forward to buying the other 2 DVD's!!!!
Nameste x
on 26 July 2016
I got this DVD..it's great. It is a bit challenging but it's good for beginners intermediates and advanced. The first time I ever did it, immediately after I threw up. I took this as a sign that it was working as it's based on Air & Water and I've had problems with random throwing up (linked to anxiety) for 6 years now. The next few times I did it, I didn't throw up and I felt good

Tara is a great instructor and her voice is calming and pleasant as is the music. The background is very serene. I love this DVD and I got the Fire one as well after using this one.