on 16 June 2014
We only needed this unit to extend our range a few feet more than the current range of our router but alas it couldn't do that. In fact when we placed this in the room next to the router the signal in that room was still stronger from the router than it was from this extender.

There are traffic lights to indicate the signal strength. If the extender is in the same room the light is green to show a good strength connection. However you only have to move it one room either way and the light is red. Our rooms are small, I am only talking 12ft from the router.

On the plus side the setup is a snip, you only press 2 buttons and bingo it has connected to your network and applied your current security settings. For us this was wpa2. I have given 2 stars purely for this.

No use to us though if it cannot actually extend the signal. What a shame, it seemed so hopeful. Our main router is Netgear and we have always been really happy with them.

Ah well time to box up and return. I think maybe we have been unlucky with a duff unit as there are so many positive reviews for this unit, hence why we bought it in the first place. It shows a poor strength connection in every room so maybe the aerial inside just
22 Comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2015
Had this for a few months now and to be honest not that great. despite careful positioning as per instructions etc. keeps losing router connection and reverting to requesting password reset up etc. changed to powerline adapters, one extending wifi which works fine.
on 6 December 2016
simple to get setup and works well, i used this to extend the wifi for my house to get a fire tv stick to work better and as or so far its been working just as i expected.
on 11 May 2015
A bit hit and miss! I live in a solid house with solid brick internal walls. I fitted 2, one downstairs and one upstairs Seems to pick a transmitter at random rather than the strongest signal of the 3, (hub or 2 boosters),
on 19 April 2017
seems to work very effectively and does what was expected of it
on 11 January 2016
I couldn't get this to link to my router. It kept saying invalid code entered. I got fed up of trying!
on 29 June 2017
It works for me.
on 13 February 2015
Given it ONE star only so far. It all sounded so easy but the booklet is too brief and trying to get telephone or online help is nigh on impossible. Wasted money SO FAR
on 9 August 2013
Small, very easy to contact. Does extended the wifi signals. Occasionally loses strength but this could be due router. Only downside the plug get warm.
on 4 January 2014
This would only log on with 1 of our 4 laptops and 1 of our 4 android devices on our network. Used Netgears online help and they were useless. They admitted it had limited use and known firmware issues and were not surprised by my experience but offered no further help. Will not recommend to anyone. Too unreliable to be of use.