on 6 March 2014
More of a travel blog than a full account of the trip. Th book is too short to cover such a journey in depth. having said that I still found it an interesting read as it was about first time tourist as opposed to most books which are written by experienced travellers
Worth the money
on 4 May 2014
Three stars is generous - I found it rather dull, sorry. It was mostly about the author and his partner, not the most interesting of subjects. The route taken was also unimaginative. I would much prefer to read about travels further afield the people encountered and real hardship, struggles - risk taking. Reg should hang up his bike boots and take up golf. Don't wast your money or time on this. Try something better read boks by Ted Simon or Sam Manicom, they are the 'real deal'.
on 15 December 2013
I quite enjoyed reading this book. It was a real adventure for the two old gits, and that comes across in the way it is written. I ride a bike myself, but I have never been a Continental tour; even this morning I tried to persuade my wife to go to the Austrian Tyrol on the back of my BMW, but she claimed not to be a daredevil. Books like this mean that I can enjoy motorcycle touring through the experiences of others.
on 14 November 2012
This is a great book. easy to read and a real page turner. I read it in a few hours as I could not put it down. Lovely stories and all for a wonderful cause. Would highly recommend.
on 3 April 2014
An easy reading style will little. Time wasted upon to much personal life.
Although there is some of the joys and tribulations of the journey it felt more like a summery overview.They are candid of how they felt but descriptions of the places the people and the bikes contain little detail.
I applaud them for doing what I would love to do......but then again I would not want to rush through countries as they had set themselves to do.
on 9 June 2015
As we are a couple of old gits on bikes too, we thoroughly enjoyed this book! And admired your determination and the reason for doing it!
on 9 September 2013
Haven't quite finished reading it, yet, but enjoyable so far. A few more practical hints and tips would have been useful.
on 20 February 2014
Was great read show you how good the road abroad is better than hear and the weather I a lot better and worse
on 17 March 2014
a much of a likeness form chapter to chapter, but I`m sure it was more enjoyable than wrote, ... ..
on 6 January 2016
An interesting read I'm sure they must've taken a European biking holiday after that !!