Customer reviews

on 12 December 2015
EASY READ
on 8 May 2016
I love cheryl
And this book really inspired me a lot so thank you so much cheryl.
I never was one for reading much in till I read cheryl book and I could not put it down it was so so in intresing so thank you cheryl I love books now all down to you cheryl you are amazing .I would recommend this book to anyone
on 4 December 2016
Nothing particularly in depth here, but an intriguing read nevertheless. Far too short to hold any true level of detail but not bad for a quick flight through 30 years of a pop princess' life.
on 23 January 2014
I'm not sure how this book came to be in my kindle library but according to my Amazon account I purchased it on 1st Jan 2013, perhaps it was deal of the day or something, it was certainly an impulse buy.
I am not a big Cheryl fan but I don't dislike her either. I loved Popstars The Rivals and I was a big X Factor follower although I have to admit to being less interested in recent years. Cheryl was a bright pretty girl and is now a stunning, well dressed woman who I sometimes read about in glossy magazines or see interviewed on TV but that's where my interest ends.
I chose to read this book simply for a change in reading material and I have to say I really, really enjoyed it.
It would never win any prizes for literary greatness but the grammar and editing is better than many e books and there is a touching honesty to the way it is written ( this doesn't mean everything written is the truth but I guess we will never really know)
There is very little here that hasn't been reported in the media but it is told from Cheryl's point of view and the reader is left with the feeling that she really loved, and still does, love Ashley Cole. That she was surprised by the level of media interest in her life, not sure why but there you go, and that she would live her life quite happily away from the limelight.
Like many I would say that Cheryl got what she wanted with regards to fame and fortune but sadly along with that came a lot that she did not want.
Certainly since her injunction against the media and leaving the X Factor, the face of Cheryl Cole has been far less public and from reading her book one has to assume this is something she has engineered and is what she really wants.
There are rumours that she may return to X Factor this year, based on what is written in this book I would say it is highly unlikely, if she does return I would only assume that this book was another money making project and that there is very little truth in what she has written regarding her desire for a quiet life away from public view..............somewhat cynical of me I know, but we will see.
Having said all that, great read Cheryl, well done!
on 8 November 2012
Not being a huge cheryl fan I was still interested to read her book. I now like her more than I did as her progression from a hard childhood to a superstar is inspiring; however the second half of the book was very negative and dragged on. I suppose she feels this is a reflection of her life but as a reader it gets very repetative. However I would still reccomend as an interesting read if you are a fan.
After watching her interview on Piers Morgan I was moved with how honest and open she was. This then took me to wanting to read her book. I was most surprised with the outcome, I read this in 2 days. I knew she was hounded by the paparazzi but not to that extent. I knew something had happened with the X Factor, but not to that extent either. I can quite believe what she has written. It got me to thinking of Simon Cowels book, if he didn't approve of that book then he would have reason to stop it being published with his money and his influence, so of course, that is going to be another on my list to read.

Thank you Cheryl for allowing me in on your inner most thoughts, feelings and what it's like to be 'you'. You have remained strong and with great dignity throughout it all.
on 10 November 2012
i only downloaded a sample of this book but from what i read of the sample it seems quite interesting. the first part of the book gets u interested straight away as it starts of about her in hospital with malaria.
on 10 April 2016
I enjoyed reading this book because I find Cheryl intriguing and interesting to watch on TV. The book clearly gave Cheryl the opportunity to clear up a lot of mistruths published about her, as well as share some personal stories. If you enjoy watching Cheryl and TV and you'll enjoy reading her book. It really gives you a sense of how down to earth she is.
on 27 December 2012
It's good to read the truth straight from a celebrities mouth rather than from made up stories in the press. Cheryl shares her childhood memories & how she dreamed of becoming a dancer, she gives us an honest account of her teenage years & the relationships she had & how she watched her brother & many friends succumb to drug's & crime. There is a lovely insight into the Girls Aloud years & the friendships they for formed. Her relationship & marriage to Ashley is laid bare & Cheryl is open & honest about her devastation at his affairs & at the ending of their marriage & how the following years she succumbed into a bleak darkness. The X Factor years are chronicled & her relationship with Cowell is documented, she speaks about Derek Hough &Will.I.am & their strong friendships. Her battle with malaria & her US X Factor stint features. She charts her solo career & finishes her book on a high. I really enjoyed reading this it makes you realise that Cheryl is just like any of us, she dreams & bleeds like us all.
on 14 November 2012
Amazing book! I didnt put it down for a second. Wonderful and inspiring life she has. Crazy at times and very heartfelt. Shes very honest. A very nice read. Not one bit I was disappointed with.