on 10 April 2013
I bought these for me because I wear trifocal glasses with very expensive lenses and didn't want to spend £400 on prescription trifocal sunglasses. I read the reviews, saw the price, and thought "why not spend £12 to try these?"
And they are FAB!
In fact, my mother, who is in her 80s tried them on and now wants a pair for herself. She has problems with glare, not just from the sun but also in supermarkets from the strip lighting. We have just come back from shopping and she wore my new sunglasses the whole time!
As soon as I have finished this review am ordering another pair for her.
They fit well over my existing glasses, don't show at the side, so you can't tell I have another pair of specs underneath.
Tip: when putting them on, put the sides higher than the specs you are already wearing and then bring them down on top, this way the sides cover the under specs well without the sidebars getting tangled.
0Comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 September 2017
I love these glasses and I love saving money on not having to update the prescription on my sun glasses. I need glasses to drive and these are fantastic, they fit right over my normal glasses. They are so comfortable I even forgot I was wearing them. In my opinion they are stylish low cost option to prescription sunglasses, they are even polarised so there is no glare. The wrap around style is a bonus as it protects from wrinkles, also ideal for hayfever as they can be worn without your own glasses underneath and the wrap around stops the pollen irritating the eyes. I intend to buy another pair in a different colour.
on 12 October 2017
Quality overglasses / sunglasses excellent for using over expensive prescription glasses not only to keep out the sun but also to protect the lenses from impact. These overglasses do it well and with style. You will need a rather large case to keep them in as they do not come in a case. But this can be purchased from Amazon.
on 24 September 2017
Fit for purpose and reasonably stylish considering they are not traditional sunglasses. Fit perfectly over my prescription sunglasses. Only reason not 5 stars is that when you wear them on your head they make big dents of which was quite worrying when I first noticed them. Thankfully they do disappear when you leave them off.
on 7 December 2017
Very pleased with these glasses. They are just tinted enough to wear when in shops to stop the glare of the lights and when driving the wrap round makes the sun light no problem at all. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is that the hinges are very stiff.
on 16 September 2017
Very pleased with these overglases. Fit well over my glasses and are super comfortable, also look quite good and give very good protection.
Wish I had bought them sooner. Arrived very quickly - trouble free purchase and would recommend highly.
on 22 August 2017
They are good. But think the vista through these lenses is not quite as crisp and sharp as my more expensive polaroids. But they are good for the job of having around when I need them because I cant find my others (which happens quite a lot)
on 19 July 2017
Very pleased with these ..they cover my prescription glasses well plus feel very comfortable not loose and very lightweight... Will be sending for another pair in a different frame colour and recommend them
on 30 June 2017
These glasses were purchased for a friend, I bought the same glasses 2 years ago and love them she saw them and also liked them and asked me to get them for her, they fit perfectly over our prescription glasses and you cannot see them showing through, I would certainly recommend them.
on 15 October 2017
They fit over my glasses, the tint is nice and dark and they look as stylish as they can, given they have to go over specs. BUT I would take slight issue with the claim that they can be used by people with dry eye. Yes, they have side pieces and a shield at the top, but the air still comes in. I guess the only way to avoid that is to buy goggles!