on 18 January 2016
Firstly, the desk came with a damaged top which I suspect was a combination of Yodel hurling it around the place and the inadequate packaging inside the box which allows the different parts to move about. To be fair a replacement top was sent out promptly and the seller was communicative.

I put this together by myself and it took about two hours. The quality is not the best flat pack I have come across and the fixings feel a bit cheap with some of the fixing holes obscured by the veneer and the top was a pain to install. The veneer looks ok but seems badly applied in some areas. For example, when I poked the two screws through the door that hold the handle on the veneer lifted away from the chipboard. Fortunately the handle holds it back in place.

Once built it looks quite good but there is a slight wobble so it remains to be seen how robust it will be.
on 1 April 2016
This is a brilliant desk for the price I paid. Its very very sturdy. I've tried shaking it with a glass of water on it and the water barely moved. There is so much room to store things around you and the top of the desk is so roomy! The keyboard tray was long enough for both my keyboard and mouse. The hight of the desk is much better than my last. I have sciatica and sitting at my computer gets painful quickly. The height of this desk in general is comfy and I can adjust my chair to be higher or lower (to help discomfort and sciatica) and still be very comfortable. There's also plenty of leg room so I can sit at different angles.To be honest I didn't expect the desk to be as good as it really is :)

Setting it up wasn't too bad. I'm disabled so my partner helped me a lot (basically did 90% of the work) but I was with him the whole time. There is a generous amount of spare spare parts (small pieces like screws) although we only needed to replace one screw which we buggered up ourselves. The desk could be built by one person but two would be better, at least for the start of the build. All we needed was a screwdriver which came with the table.
on 1 July 2014
This is a very good desk and at a good price. It was delivered in a few days and was well packaged.
The size is perfect for my needs. It is very sturdy and well made.
It is very easy to assemble if you follow the instructions. All the pieces are numbered, even the screws etc, which makes it easy to identify each part, unlike some flat pack furniture you buy.
It even comes with a small screwdriver and a pack of spare parts. The cupboard has to go on the left as per photo which may not suit everyone. Very good value, glad I bought it.
on 7 November 2014
I recently built my own computer, therefore required a desk. Since I'd spend all my money on the computer, I then spent many hours search for a decent looking desk at an affordable price. It's not that easy. Eventually, I stumbled upon Piranha desks, which looked very nice, and then found this one that looked though it could accommodate my overly large tower at a very great price!

It was delivered very fast (ordered Wednesday evening and has it built and in use by Friday evening). Although, it was delivered after 7pm. The only downsize is that the desk is rather complicated and fiddly to build, but the instructions were very informative. I was right, it easily accommodated my computer, studio speakers, and many books. Very happy indeed.
on 6 September 2015
Very good quality and very stable. A big surprise for the price. The walnut effect looks good to.

A suggestion for anyone buying, poke all the holes with a round small screw driver or drill bit before attempting to build, as the holes are partly covered by the walnut effect covering veneer, and this will stop the material splitting when you screw together.

Build time is around 2 hours if you're used to flat pack stuff.

Highly recommended if your looking for a good cheap computer desk.
on 14 March 2014
The good things first...Looks good, fits nicely in the area i had left for it, instructions were reasonably clear using diagrams mainly rather than words, all the little bits and pieces were labelled which should've made this simple to make.
Unfortunately this took a frustrating 3 hours to finish, not because the instructions were unclear but due to 3 bolts that wouldnt go into their connecting pieces correctly. When the piece of wood joined onto the bolts they were'nt flush even once the connecting pieces were tightened. So i had unscrew, lift off and unscrew quite a few times but still no luck. Tried to take out the problem connecting pieces but they wouldnt budge. All in all too much bits and pieces to make this small desk - overcomplicated!
on 1 July 2017
This item arrived well packed and earlier than anticipated, no pieces were missing and every piece clearly labelled. After reading some reviews and having previous experience of flat packs we were expecting the worse! However, this desk was the easiest of flat packs to assemble, the instructions are very clear and if you follow the guide you can't go wrong. Once assembled we were amazed how sturdy this desk is and it has plenty of room for all PC equipment. It also looks good, great value for money and we are very pleased with it.
on 11 November 2012
Great service! Ordered on Monday evening, delivered on Thursday morning, 5 days ahead of the suggested delivery date (lucky I was in).

Desk had serious travel protection and, on unpacking, was pristine. All parts, screws.etc individually wrapped and labelled - even a half useful screwdriver to put it all together. On my own , it took me 2 hours to assemble (I'm allergic to flat pack furniture, so anyone with a bit of experience could probably knock a fair bit off that time). Easy to read and follow diagrammatic instructions made it a doddle!

The finished article is sturdy (but heavy) and looks great. As a lap-top work station it's ideal for what I want - there is even ample space on the work top for my large and rather elderly Canon printer.

Altogether an impressive bit of kit which does exactly what it says on the box. Highly recommended.
on 22 October 2013
See the title? it says it all. would have completed in 1 hour 30 had i not mixed up the 40mm screws for 25 mm screws when i did the 1st step assembly. then again was distracted by Giroud's goal for Arsenal against Borusia Dortmund. bad for a big fan of the Kopp but the gunners played OKish! now... this solid. no wobble and no sag due to clever construction and brilliant piece kit that makes for a durable build. it is beautiful and matches furniture in living room. left side with little can house a pc case 470 mm D/ L, 540mm H and 230 mm wide (need side airflow. but i intend to get the Antec 300 two allblack edition case with bottom mounted psu and will sit that on a clean plank 480 mm long. Hey guys at Piranha do you have a bit of plank that measures 240 mm wide and 480 mm long - something nice to sit my new bottom mounted psu case?

will update this in 3 months time.
on 23 March 2015
Arrived fairly quickly, with the delivery guy carrying it to my top floor flat (the thing must weigh a good 30kg+, poor guy!)
Assembly took me the best part of 3 hours. If you're familiar with putting something like this together, I'm sure it would take you reasonably less time.
The colour- Don't expect it to be pure black. It is almost, but it has a very dark grey 'stoney' effect, which IMO looks great anyway.
I would suggest using your own screwdriver. Although it comes with one, which is nice, its pretty small and difficult to use.
Once assembled, the whole thing feels very sturdy with no wobbling whatsoever. It looks exactly like the picture and looks really smart in my office.
One very minor issue, as I noticed someone else had said, there were a couple of minor scratches to some of the pieces (unfortunately one being on the top surface one, but I guess you don't really noticed once your monitor and stuff is on there)
All in all I am very pleased with the desk and would definately recommend it.
Cheers Piranha!