on 6 May 2017
Pleasantly surprised by the quality of this desk. Being MDF rather than chipboard makes it seem more sturdy than other desks in this price range. The wood effect layer seems thicker than normal and it has more substantial edging than I've seen on other desks.

The door buffer isn't just a stick-on plastic circle - it's a metal bolt-like component that screws into a metal receiver in the MDF. I like the fact the metal cams are pre-installed and you get a pack of spares and a reasonable screwdriver.

Very clear instructions and all the parts and components are clearly labelled and numbered.

Only negative is that the cupboard unit won't accommodate a typical mid-tower case - you'll need a smaller PC or just use the cupboard with the removable shelf for other storage. Also, a cut-out area for cables would have been handy on the rear right-hand upright/leg

It looks smart and more expensive than it is when complete.
on 18 January 2016
Firstly, the desk came with a damaged top which I suspect was a combination of Yodel hurling it around the place and the inadequate packaging inside the box which allows the different parts to move about. To be fair a replacement top was sent out promptly and the seller was communicative.

I put this together by myself and it took about two hours. The quality is not the best flat pack I have come across and the fixings feel a bit cheap with some of the fixing holes obscured by the veneer and the top was a pain to install. The veneer looks ok but seems badly applied in some areas. For example, when I poked the two screws through the door that hold the handle on the veneer lifted away from the chipboard. Fortunately the handle holds it back in place.

Once built it looks quite good but there is a slight wobble so it remains to be seen how robust it will be.
on 26 January 2014
This item was really quick to build and makes storage a lot easier, I ended up putting my tower in the cupboard and scanner top shelf, the 2nd shelf inside is a simple pop off if you want a bigger cupboard, all the wires are now being the cupboard with the hole they have at back. The quality is really nice with a plastic feel on the surface. The only thing I dislike is the shelf part, it does not go out a far as I want it to, dunno if its something on my part but it only goes half way and my hand is to big to sit comfortably under the desk.

UPDATE: Ignore me i was being too delicate with the tray, pulled harder it came out smoothly!
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 May 2017
Great desk, though it was an absolute nightmare to put together. Though that may have been my lack of DIY skills as my boyfriend had to redo some bits I put together with the wrong screws! But the instructions could be better, for instance when making the cupboard I would recommend putting the door on first before putting the cupboard together as it's really hard to do after. A plus point is that all of the parts have number stickers on them which correspond with the parts in the book, which is amazing - why can't all flat-packed furniture come like that?
on 1 April 2016
This is a brilliant desk for the price I paid. Its very very sturdy. I've tried shaking it with a glass of water on it and the water barely moved. There is so much room to store things around you and the top of the desk is so roomy! The keyboard tray was long enough for both my keyboard and mouse. The hight of the desk is much better than my last. I have sciatica and sitting at my computer gets painful quickly. The height of this desk in general is comfy and I can adjust my chair to be higher or lower (to help discomfort and sciatica) and still be very comfortable. There's also plenty of leg room so I can sit at different angles.To be honest I didn't expect the desk to be as good as it really is :)

Setting it up wasn't too bad. I'm disabled so my partner helped me a lot (basically did 90% of the work) but I was with him the whole time. There is a generous amount of spare spare parts (small pieces like screws) although we only needed to replace one screw which we buggered up ourselves. The desk could be built by one person but two would be better, at least for the start of the build. All we needed was a screwdriver which came with the table.
on 1 July 2014
This is a very good desk and at a good price. It was delivered in a few days and was well packaged.
The size is perfect for my needs. It is very sturdy and well made.
It is very easy to assemble if you follow the instructions. All the pieces are numbered, even the screws etc, which makes it easy to identify each part, unlike some flat pack furniture you buy.
It even comes with a small screwdriver and a pack of spare parts. The cupboard has to go on the left as per photo which may not suit everyone. Very good value, glad I bought it.
on 17 October 2017
A little smaller than I had thought, (probably my own error for not checking measurements correctly) my chair doesn't fit under. There is an also unexpected (intended) hole in the back of the cupboard on the left of this desk. I mean, it spans across levels inside the cupboard but although this was unexpected and seemed silly, it made life a little easier for certain things as a games controller can now be wired through the back and kept inside the cupboard when not in use so completely hidden and tidy. Small chip on the table, but overall very happy with the product for the price that it is.
on 7 November 2014
I recently built my own computer, therefore required a desk. Since I'd spend all my money on the computer, I then spent many hours search for a decent looking desk at an affordable price. It's not that easy. Eventually, I stumbled upon Piranha desks, which looked very nice, and then found this one that looked though it could accommodate my overly large tower at a very great price!

It was delivered very fast (ordered Wednesday evening and has it built and in use by Friday evening). Although, it was delivered after 7pm. The only downsize is that the desk is rather complicated and fiddly to build, but the instructions were very informative. I was right, it easily accommodated my computer, studio speakers, and many books. Very happy indeed.
on 11 December 2017
It took a while to build but this is a solid and good looking desk, and my son is well pleased.
Instructions are easy to follow and mostly everything fits together well - we had to widen a couple of holes where the veneer overlapped the edges, but that only took a quick wiggle with a screwdriver. I've knocked a star off because the socket screws were awful quality and I've had to order some more - luckily you only need them towards the end of the build and you can complete it without and retro-fit.
on 1 July 2017
This item arrived well packed and earlier than anticipated, no pieces were missing and every piece clearly labelled. After reading some reviews and having previous experience of flat packs we were expecting the worse! However, this desk was the easiest of flat packs to assemble, the instructions are very clear and if you follow the guide you can't go wrong. Once assembled we were amazed how sturdy this desk is and it has plenty of room for all PC equipment. It also looks good, great value for money and we are very pleased with it.