on 3 July 2013
Researched fitbit before purchasing, as we all know we can read reviews but we are all very different and have different views, this is mine the fitbit is motivational, easy to set up, great way to have friends and compete a little, would recommend to anyone who needs that little push to do the extra mileFitBit Zip Activity Tracker
on 16 February 2015
Loved this when I first had it (for a period of approx 3 mths). It did motivate me to move more. The only failing with it is that after I replaced the battery it now drains very rapidly to the point where it's not worth using it any more...maybe this is a manufacturing defect, have not taken it up with them though as I threw all the packaging etc..
on 21 January 2013
Simple, effective, intuitive, fun. Bought my fitbit just to track my steps every day, but was so inspired I've now started using the fitbit.com site and the apps to keep track of my general health - diet, weight, blood pressure, heart rate, etc. I've lost 7 pounds in the three weeks since New Year, and with the fitbit it hasn't felt like a chore!
on 27 June 2013
My niece bought me the zip tracker after she had bought herself one and now, 4000 miles apart, we encourage each other on a daily basis to increase our fitness levels. It syncs quickly and efficiently and is amazing. I love the fact that it just clips onto my bra and I can forget about it, and can see updates on my iphone to encourage me further.
on 2 May 2016
Good to help you realise when you're being sedentary vs active, e.g. I move much less in work than I realised. With running it won't calculate the exact distance, also it has limitations in that for exercise like swimming, weight lifting, house work or cycling doesn't record, I guess it depends what you want from it. Fitbit app is easy to use
on 10 June 2015
Good product. Small discrete and easy to use with the iPhone app. I would have to dispute the colour as charcoal, the picture is misleading as the actual product is jet black. I would also recommend having the clip facing outward if worn on the waist to prevent it falling on the floor as the rubber case will eventually lose it elasticity.
on 16 October 2013
Since having my fitbit I now walk more. I am not a competitive person generally but with this I like to make sure that I do at least 6000 steps every day and 10,000 most days. I feel fitter, healthier and it has really been worth while. My old pedometer only counted steps if I walked for a minute or longer, the fitbit counts them all.
on 27 October 2015
A great device. It clips onto my clothes and is small enough for me to forget it is there at all. Records my steps with lots of different graphs.You can record your food intake if you want. I like the cheery messages I get when I've reached my target or even excelled it. And when you are nearly there you get a message to boost you on.
on 5 February 2016
The Fitbit Zip is a great little gadget. It isn't too sensitive or insensitive, but seems to accurately count my steps. I found if I clipped it to my waistband it would sometimes fall off and I wouldn't notice as it's so small. I now clip mine to the centre of my bra and it's never moved, although I know that won't work for everyone!
on 15 January 2014
Love this little gadget. It was easy to sync with my iphone and myfitnessplan so I can see exactly how far I have walked, how many calories used and it fits onto my clothes easily. I have also accidentally washed it but it's still working. The batteries don't last long but I got 12 off Amazon for only £3 so they arn't expensive.