Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 18 October 2014
Oh dear! I have admired and respected Dawn for many years and before purchasing the book I read some of the reader reviews of Oh Dear Sylvia, I thought that those giving 1 star just didn't "get" the plotline.
However having struggled through the first 10 chapters I do get the plot, indeed it is obvious from chapter 2, but I cannot for the life of me find anything even faintly humerous about all the visitors at the bedside of someone in a coma. I can't even believe the professional critics were laughing "on every page". I found I was dozing off after about 3 pages and I am someone who was so engrossed in a book I could not put it down and read it right through the night.
on 22 August 2014
I found this book difficult dreary and gave up on it and I am an avid reader and don't give up easily
on 28 October 2015
Rubbish rubbish doesn't even deserve 1 star rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish . Rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish
on 8 September 2016
Emotional rollercoaster, poignant and heart warming.
Excellent consideration of dysfunctional family dynamics. A touching accurate portrayal of family heart break.
on 3 December 2016
Good but not outstanding
on 16 June 2016
This is the first time I have read a Dawn French novel. I really thought it was well written ,funny with much pathos. The characters are vivid and colourful. Really enjoyed this read.
on 24 February 2014
As this way by Dawn French I expected the read to be funny. In some ways it was. Interesting read not sure where the idea came from but good. Quite reflective and food for thought.
on 12 April 2017
Rather disappointed with this book and unfortunately not Dawn's best. Found it a bit boring and slow paced .
on 16 May 2017
Excellent service, wonderful book.
on 30 December 2012
I bought this as I like Dawn French. I was not disappointed. It was thoughtful and funny and made you think about life.