Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.19

on 8 October 2012
I love Beth Hart. Her vocals and writing on Bang Bang Boom Boom are breathtaking. Beth's range is on full display here and the influence of the collaboration album "Don't Explain" with Joe Bonamassa is apparent on this record. Beth has often worked in multiple genres, yet this album takes that concept to a new level. With the blues of Baddest Blues and Caught Out in the Rain, the rock of Better Man, a bit of jazz on Swing My Thing, gospel on Spirit of God, the soulful sound of Everyday With You, this CD is all about variety. Joe Bonamassa makes a guest appearance on the track "There in Your Heart" in the form of a superb guitar solo.

All songs here are originals, either written or co-written by Beth. This project was recorded live in the studio by producer Kevin Shirley, who did an excellent job assisting with the arrangements and putting together a great team of musicians. Some of the players include Anton Fig on drums, Michael Rhodes on bass, Arlan Schierbaum on keyboards and Randy Flowers on guitar. All involved contributed to the stellar sound of the recording.

The overall tone of this record is happier, more upbeat than her last solo record My California. Beth has described this as a new direction for her, stating that she's tired of the past and wants to write/sing about new subjects and happier times that she is now enjoying. Beth still takes us through a range of emotions, yet the highs are even higher. This album is refreshing in the sense of sound and genres, but the soul is still Beth Hart. If this is a new direction for Beth I want to be along for the ride.
I was first introduced to Beth Hart when she released a fabulous album with blues genius Joe Bonamassa and instantly loved her voice. I've since checked out a lot of her other work and have come to the conclusion that she has simply got better and better the longer she has been in the music business. Her voice certainly has. Whilst I'm not sure that this album has bettered the album she made with Joe, it's definitely a closely run thing and the work that she did with him has made a lasting impression on her. Straight from the off, Baddest Blues takes the listener into a state of bliss, being a soulful, passionate torch ballad. As one of the outstanding tracks on the album, it's a difficult act to follow, but there are so many superb songs on this release, it becomes immediately clear very soon that it's a classy album in its entirety. You know, even if these weren't great songs, her voice - THAT voice - would make them worth listening to. Thankfully, this is a complete package here, great songs and a exceptional voice to deliver them. I'm not going to go delving into individual songs here, each song is superb in its own right. Only buy this if you want to be transported into smoky, jazzy, soulful, bluesy heaven - otherwise feel free to pass it by...
on 27 December 2012
I saw Beth Hart perform live on Later and was knocked out by her voice. I bought the album as soon as it was available and I've not been disappointed; the songs are great and she has a truly amazing voice.
on 22 October 2012
Never normally write reviews but on this occasion think it is totally appropriate.

After being interested on Beth Hart from the recent release of this title on reviews I visited her Website and watched the video for 'Bang Bang Boom Boom', from this I was so impressed with the vocals I decided to purchase this release.

I received the album 3 days ago and has been permanently either playing in the house or in the car. Not a bad track to think of, however highlights for me are the first release 'Baddest Blues' and 'Caught Out In The Rain' along with of course 'Bang Bang Boom Boom'.

The whole album is very, very polished with great vocals. Have to mention the fabulous musicians and perfect piano playing from Beth herself. Would recommend to anyone who likes Blues/Rock (slightly get a Melissa Etheridge feel to the vocal arrangement), very from the heart well done Beth on this fabulous release. I hope this continues on future releases.

Within a day of purchase I have ordered the whole back catalogue apart from 'Live At Paradiso' which I will save for a rainy day!

Check out the official Beth Hart site to view the video for 'Bang Bang Boom Boom'.
on 19 February 2013
It was only last year I came across Beth Hart singing with Joe Bonamassa on the Dont' Explain Blues Album. I just had to get one of her own albums. Beth has a unique style that oozes character and power. Every note she sings is felt deeply and certainly makes you want to travel further along her musical career with her. A mixture of blues, rock and amazing vocals, what more is there to say. The raunchiness and roughness mixed with an ever generous helping of enjoyment, makes this in my humble opinion an album worth buying and listening to.
on 20 November 2012
Initially I was a little disappointed with this album having enjoyed so much of her stuff but then seeing her live it all made much more sense!

Persevere with this one as there are some great tracks 'Better Man', 'Caught Out In the Rain' and 'The Ugliest House on the Block'. For someone who can rock out as she does there's an appealing vulnerability about Beth live and, having tuned into this, I've appreciated the album more.
on 28 December 2012
I loved Don't explain by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa and was a little concerned that on her own this would not reach the same heights. I need not have worried. This is a great Album. Some ways better than Don't explain and I probably listen to it more than that. Buy it you won't regret it (unless you have bad taste).
on 12 October 2012
As earlier reviewers have already said Don't Explain was going to be a hard act to follow but she's certainly doesn't disappoint with this one.
Good mixture of styles which she steps up to in every way.
When I saw her earlier this year at Shepherds Bush for the first time, mainly because of her association with Joe B, I can honestly say I came out stunned by the level of her performance. (And I don't stun easily)
I certainly hope this album gives her the second chance she so rightly deserves.
So glad I now have a whole new set of songs to look forward to when I see her again in a few weeks.
All I can add is buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 13 July 2015
Best album - I feel hard done by if I don't play it at least once a week - have bought as a surprise present for quite a few people - some who hadn't heard of Beth Hart and they are all, without exception, new fans. I can't recommend this enough. It has everything. Soul (in abundance), classical style and that voice - pure raunchy and so brilliant. Coming from a hard core Aretha Franklin fan that's saying something. Give yourself a treat - the more I hear it the more I love it - can't say that about many artists or albums these days - enjoy...
on 30 October 2012
Other reviewers took the trouble of giving details - thanks to them. For me it's just a confirmation
this is a gem. I liked this album on the first spin: it has "the Beth voice" plus excellent
songs, great mix of genres, top sound and brilliant musicians (Joe B makes an expected appearance
too). My favourite studio album from her (I think - hard to tell, she is