on 18 July 2013
I bought two of these, one each for myself and my wife for our Nexus 7 tablets.
Neither of us is clumsy or accident prone but having seen a handful of people on the train drop their phones and tablets i decided to be better safe than sorry and despite my best efforts I have dropped mine a few times and it is still perfect.
This cover is both rugged and well made.
I have read other reviews about people finding the volume controls hard to use, I have found they are fine, you have to push a little harder but so what. There are cutouts for the speakers, microphone, headphones and power adapter.
This is without the BEST case I have owned or seen (amazing how many people on the train own a Nexus 7 these days) and have had lots of people ask me about the case.

BUY ONE, you won't be sorry.
on 24 February 2013
I bought this cover to protect my tablet when I give it to my 18-month son. It does the job, the edges are well protected by thick silicone. All the buttons and sound device... are available. It is just a little bit awkward to click on the buttons due to the thickness. I give only 4 stars because the silicone attracts all dust, hair... and the tablet seems very dirty then.
on 30 September 2014
A really snug fit on the First generation Nexus 7. I use my Nexus in the field for recording data. This thick rubber cover really gives a level of protection I wasn't expecting. The cover is quite thick and turns the Nexus into in to a chunky item - which feels much more robust in the hand. The rubber provides a nice non slip surface. The thickness of the cover also provides a buffer to the front glass, which should mean that although the front is open, the screen is protected as long as the surface it falls upon is flat. Adds a bit of weight to the device, wasn't a problem for me - but as a bonus the extra weight means you notice if you're not carrying it, so you won't leave the tablet behind.
Holes are cut in the item to reveal the sockets and the rear speaker so all ports are accessible are the sound is not compromised. I was a little worried that the case would impair the function of the device GPS. This worry was unfounded and the GPS accuracy was just as accurate with the case as it was without. An excellent item that I would recommend wholeheartedly. The extra weight and added thickness didn't bother me, but might be a consideration for others.
on 4 September 2013
Excellent case which fits well and protects. I've tested it by the kids being rough (as usual!), but not going to try the drop test until it really happens!

There are 2 issues, or rather trade-offs to this case:

The case heavily attracts cat fur, dust, crumbs and alike. As mine is black, it looks worse. I'd suggest grey or a mid-range colour to help hide most dirt. The good news is the best way to clean it is with a damp cloth, then dry off with a dry cloth and its pretty easy. Try to avoid debris getting under the rim, or it will have to come off. If it's bad, just wash the whole case in clean tap water.

Finally, the other downside is say goodbye to your usual 7 inch travel cases (it still needs one IMO as the screen is still vulnerable in transit), as now the tablet is so much bigger it will need an 8" or bigger one. The closest I found is an iPad mini size case, which will be slightly over size in width, but be ideal because as this rubber case sticks to most material, there is more slack to ease it in.

Overall, very good but with some-knock on aspects.
on 9 June 2013
This case is worth every penny it really protects my Nexus 7 . Fits perfectly and and is of high quality.
on 16 August 2013
the case very thick and protective and very well made. i like the chunky grippy rubber edge as it is easier to hold and inspires confidence if you were to drop it. all in it is a very well made highly functional piece of kit.
on 2 January 2014
I wanted a rugged case to protect my Nexus 7. Already had a couple of fold over cases before but they do not feel very strong and I have dropped it a few times and been lucky. This is bulky and rubberised and its ideal, it will not slip out of your hands and it is perfect and strong. I would highly recommend it.
on 20 January 2014
Case is exactly as the seller description. It is perfect to protect your Nexus 7 of your kids. The cover will do bigger the tablet but it is necessary if you give the tablet to your babies
on 23 February 2014
Brilliant case that fits like a glove and is very protective.l would recommend this product to anybody looking to protect their nexus 7.
on 30 January 2014
This is a very good and tough product. Suitable for kids because it protects the tablet from being hit. Very satisfied