Colour Name: Grey|Change

on 3 April 2013
Think very carefully before you buy this case. If you want protection and use your tab in a busy working environment this case is not for you. It is a very thin vinyl material and the edges provide no protection at all. The cover does not have a closure so it will open far too easily. It does not protect the screen in any way. It looks nice because of the styling but is worth no more than a few pounds at most. If you want a good cover go for Snugg Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Case - Leather Cover and Flip Stand with Elastic Hand Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior (Black) - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Case - From Snugg with Lifetime Guarantee
on 2 April 2013
I say "cover" rather than case as it is really just a very nice outer-shell for the Galaxy Tab. I have a Galaxy Note phone and I bought a Samsung Flip Cover for it and really like it. This is virtually the exact same cover EXCEPT that it does not replace the back of the device the way the phone's flip cover does. It does however fit extremely neatly, adding almost zero additional thickness or weight - my key requirement since I do not take the TAB out and about - yet. Some people will feel that it's functionality is limited and yes, the front cover can slip up the screen due to the folds for using it as a stand, BUT ONLY IF you do not carry it properly. So if you want the maximum flexibility and you don't mind extra bulk and weight with your device, then I would say you should buy a wallet type case. IF however, like me you want something simple that looks great, covers and protects the Tab well,and does the basic job as a stand - then this is a MUST HAVE.
on 13 December 2012
This cover is superb and it is official from Samsung! It fits perfectly on my galaxy tab 2. The finish is good with high-quality materials. The color is a beautiful dark blueish-grey. This cover allows to hold it in three good positions: +-30º, +-60º and "book position".

I only rate it 4 stars since the cover's front face does not stay closed if you turn it upside down. This is a design flaw, but it is not serious.
on 20 July 2013
As seen there are fairly mixed review for this product. Nope, it's true it is not a super protective case, the sides are exposed and the fold over cover is not held in place. This for me is not a problem however as when ever I want to transport the device I simply place the tablet and case in another laptop type cover for added protection. This case is ideal to give the Tab2 added protection when in use at home, office, cafe etc. The corners are safely clicked into the plastic base and the canvas fold type screen protector positions and holds sufficiently robustly the Tab2 to either type or upright to view media files. Furthermore the amber brown colour with the silver lettering looks very elegant. In short would definately recommend this case but probs best get another cover to give sufficient protection in transit.
on 27 February 2013
This case is quite expensive compared to others. I was very disapointed when I opened it and tried it. It looks cheap, and my tablet did not feel secure when placed in it. The delivery was prompt, and returning was easy, though I had to pay postage, and a couple of pounds was knocked off my refund due to the fact that I had opened the case from the packaging. However the refund was prompt. I would buy from this seller again in future, but the case was very disapointing.
on 6 February 2013
Spent a long time researching the best cover for my Galaxy Tab2.Couldn't find many on the shops to look at and would have had to take the tablet with me.

So many reviews say that the covers bought didn't fit properly. Problems included the camera lens/speaker being covered. Even the best one said you had to charge with the cover open.

This is the genuine Samsung cover. Make sure you purchase the right cover as the Note is larger than the Tab2 and wont fit this cover.

All slots for camera, cables and speakers in the right place. Tablet fits comfortably in the solid back and the base cover does not clip over the tablet (something I didn't want) but sits flush with top surface. The top cover flap has a magnetic strip which keeps it in place when folded under for the typing or reading angle.

But, the flap does not attach itself when closed with either a clip or elastic band. The design also means that the tablet is not completely enclosed on 3 sides which may let dirt in. I will be buying a slim pouch with zip for when it goes in my bag. Would I buy again? It was expensive but I have not had any problems with the fit.

It can be charged open or shut.
on 5 January 2016
I think this was reasonable value I paid £14.95. There is no way I would pay full price I just could not judtify paying that much for a simple plastic casting. Having said all this the product is good it fits well and is nice to handle. It replaces a leather cover which I have had over 3 years and is now very scruffy. Hope this new one does as well.
VINE VOICEon 4 June 2013
There are too many options available for cases for your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. It makes choosing confusing.

I have read numerous reviews before deciding on which one to go for. I also tried another leather effect style case from Tesco but returned it. The protection was good but it seemed to negate the purpose of a tablet, in making it weighty and not as portable, I may as well have been carrying a laptop round.

I looked at cheaper cases but many of the leather effect ones had reviews saying, don't buy if you have a white Galaxy Tab as it left black marks on the back etc. Or other more plasticky ones broke within a few weeks.

1. Fits perfectly.
2. It is light so that Tablet remains very portable and easy to handle.
3. Different viewing positions. One for typing (magnetically attached) which is pretty stable, one for watching video, which is just by bending the front case in the right places to form a stand (a little unsteady). Also easy to handle fully folded back in book reading mode.
4. Looks really good and adds to the look of the Tab

1. Price - it is quite expensive, for what it is, but it does fit perfectly and does the job really well.
2. Protection from falls may not be as good as bigger designs as the front flap is loose, but bigger designs come at the cost of weight and lack of portability.
3. When folded over the cover covers over the camera, but then again, it would look stupid when closed if there was a hole in the front of the case that would match up with the back.
on 1 May 2013
I love this, it fits and protects perfectly, and does everything I want it to. No complaints at all :)
on 7 October 2013
This is useless and very expensive for what it is. I cannot believe that a company like Samsung sold it. It is so flimsy and not very protective for the tablet. I have now got an IVSO one which is so good and was a fraction of the Samsung price.