on 21 January 2018
With the exceptional quality of gel nail polishes on the market these days - I NEVER spend a penny on having my nails done at the salon.

I am a huge fan of Maybellines 7 day stay gel nail polish, but I have nearly every single colour and wanted a new batch of colours - so give Barry Ms gelly nail polish a go.

Initially I loved the polish:

▪ Easy to apply
▪ Doesn't take long to dry inbetween applications. (Top coat always takes the longest though)
▪ Very good coverage
▪ Beautiful choice of colours.

However.... It was chipping by day two (even with a top coat)..

** I used Barry Ms top coat initially and it was chipping by day two. I have now used a different top coat and its stay put for longer.

Advice: Use a really good top coat.
review image
One person found this helpful
on 3 February 2018
Oh so very shiny and goes on easily and smoothly, even with a very unpractised hand such as mine.

I love this colour, very, very dark green which just adds a bit more interest when you are looking for a dark shade, black is great but this adds another hint of colour which gives a more unique look.

The varnish lasts a good long time and I have not yet seen it chip. It does take a little longer to dry than a non gel style varnish but so long as you factor that in to your preparation then it is no issue. It comes off easily with regular varnish remover and does come away clean, no repeats with the remover required and no scrubbing needed.

Now all I really need to do it buy some different colour and get some more practice on keeping my hands steady
on 24 February 2016
My first negative review of a Barry M product. I kept putting off this review to keep trying the varnish as I thought maybe I wasn't applying it very well or perhaps I was doing it in a rush. But... 6 times later (yes, six! I wanted to really give it the benefit of the doubt) I have decided it's just terrible. I'm so sad to write that, as usually I love Barry M products. This manages to be thin in consistency like double cream, but also sticky as soon as it goes onto the nail, meaning any additional strokes pull through and leave lines and leave the polish uneven on the nail. I've had a lot of years of applying nail varnish too! It's also not quite as pink as either the picture or the bottle when it's on and looks off-white. It's just simply not very attractive. It needs a few coats to try and even out the colour and the consistency and then you're left with polish that doesn't dry for HOURS. And I mean hours... most of the times before I gave up using this polish, I would remove it due to dents and smudges happening the DAY AFTER application! Crazy. There must be better pale pink options out there - it's a shame Barry M hasn't been the answer for me this time.
on 21 June 2014
I have really flimsy nails and any nail varnish I apply usually chips so badly the day after I have applied it that I have to take it off again.
I saw Barry M gelly nail varnish reviews that said it was more hardy and so bought this to try it, and I am not disappointed. It stayed on my nails for 3 days after I applied before chipping which is a record and I am really pleased that I have bought 2 more colours.

This particular colour is actually a bit pink for me, actual colour is more baby pink than it looks in the picture, but it is still ok. If you want a more peachy/coral pink I'd suggest the papaya colour.

The only reason I have given it a 4 instead of a 5 stars is because (probably because it does stay on for longer than I usually manage to wear nail varnish) my nails all chipped or broke after I took it off.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 June 2017
I ordered the papaya colour wanting a bright orange look for my nails and it was awful
the brush is really thin as is the colour, so goes on so so streaky and does not cover evenly (the size of the brush makes sure of this)
I got to 4 coats and could still see through to my nails through so gave up, took it off and binned it.
I have other colours of this brand which are great.... so maybe it is just something to with the colour?
One person found this helpful
on 17 July 2015
Beautiful bright baby pink colour I love it.As with most light colours the first coat does apply slightly streaky but after a couple of coats this rights itself. I find if I Let each coat dry properly before adding another one then I can add more coats to even the colour out without it being too thick to dry properly thus avoiding those deep horrible smudges you can end up with and I use a top coat to preserve my polish life.I use the Barry M silver glitter as a top coat it just gives a lovely glitter effect to the pink polish not too much just the right amount to catch the light the glitter particles are very small more like a glitter dust rather than full on huge blobs of glitter it just adds to the effect, but the polish is also just as good without .
on 24 March 2014
I think that I've found a new favourite brand of nail polish. This brand is easy to apply and very long lasting. Of course I use a base cost and top coat. Considering I have paid up to £10 per bottle for other brands this is a real bargain. The colour is called dragon pink, the picture looks like this is a peachy pink. But in reality it's more a bubblegum pink. But I liked it. Very suitable for the summer months.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2015
Bought this as a gift for a friend and couldn't resist opening it see what it's like!

The Barry M range of gel nail polishes aren't as thick as others and do require at least 2 coats. Ensure that you use a good base coat first as these will stain your nails if kept on for a long period of time, which is what is intended from gel nail polishes!

The colour of this one is gorgeous and with 2 coats does look good. It's not faded over the last 4 days either and as I type a lot, nail polishes usually chip - this one hasn't.

I would definitely buy Barry M nail varnishes again, regardless of the fact that at least 2 coats are needed.
on 13 September 2017
Pink Lemonade is a beautiful baby pink! It's shine is gorgeous and the texture is just like a professional gel coat. It hasn't got a strong smell too which is great as the normal polish smell gives me a headache. It dries quickly, but does need a few coats. I usually put 2-3 coats on with any nail varnish which isn't much of a fuss for me.
My only picky part is the packaging! Come on Amazon?! Think green. A stupidly oversized box with paper wrapped AND bubble wrap for a little nail polish? You could of sent it in a bag with some protective wrap. The box is unnecessary and NOT GREEN.
Overall 5/5 for the polish! -1 star for the packaging.
on 12 January 2015
I love Barry M products. The colours are so beautiful and the nail varnish is really durable. I can wear it for days without worrying it's going to chip.
It doesn't appear to damage my nails, either and I don't get any nail discolouration, which I have experienced with other nail varnishes. I use the Barry M three in one base coat & top coat, which is also great.
Fast delivery and well packaged, so I'll be using this seller again. Recommended.
2 people found this helpful