on 1 March 2013
I had a problem in my car with many chargers getting disconnected from the cigarette lighter socket. Not so with this one, due to the extra good bottom plug, it has long movement range and will stay in contact well.
The only gripe I have is, that while it charges my tablet, the tablet doesn't think it's being charged when connected to this charger. I'm not sure if this is the charger, the cord or something unusual with the tablet.
Also, the blue led is quite bright. Too bright and blue. Blue glow coming from behind you in a car usually means police, and will make me check my rearview mirror unnecessarily. Easy to fix with a permanent marker though.
on 19 February 2013
The double USB car charger works fine but don't do what I did and leave your sat nav plugged in when you stop for petrol. Because when you restart the engine the extra Ampage shuts down the sat nav (I thought that I had lost the data and would have to replace it at a cost of over £100).
Luckily for me I managed to remove the cover on my sat nav and found a way to restart it.
on 23 March 2013
It does the job very well. Doesn't stick too far out of the socket and having two outlets is very handy. As other people have commented, the LED is very bright at night, but I find if you have a lead plugged in you can just turn the whole unit in the socket to reduce the glare. If you don't have a lead plugged in to shade the LED, just unplug it slightly.

Overall, good value
on 27 January 2013
Best little gadget I bought last year, can charge iPad and iPhone in the car at the same time, brilliant.
on 17 August 2013
I think it is horses for courses. Have tried it in Mitibushi Grandis with no issue but now have 5 series and creates big problems with interference on radio. Charges OK though if you want to listen to CDs or the device itself.
on 14 August 2014
Works perfect to keep my phone charged while driving. It is compact and fits my socket perfectly, the blue light lets you know power is on, and the 2 USB outputs are handy. The only issue is that I need to hold the charger into the socket when removing the USB lead or it pulls the charger out, but not an issue when in use.
on 18 July 2013
I thought my radio was playing up when it wouldn't hold stations and sometimes it wouldn't lock onto any station even in London where the airways are crammed. I took my car back to the Land Rover dealer as a faulty radio warranty issue. They checked everything and even changed the radio.. Turns out it was the Decrescent charger that was the root cause.

This charger also caused radio issues on a family Peugeot Van and a VW Golf. I contacted the seller who sent endless emails asking for more information. In the end I gave my mobile and suggested they call if even more detail was required.

This was their response....

Heather (Decrescent)
Jul 18 15:59 (WEST)
Hi,
No problem, please let us know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Heather
Customer Services Agent
Decrescent, Ltd.

Seems that was an end to it! - No exchange, no refund just a 'Thank you' for raising the question.

You should be aware that their customers service team also said. Quote:

"It will cause a little interference with the radio as it is taking electricity from the radio and is using the cars battery which the radio is also using."

Well thank you for that detailed technical explanation (not) and admitting that this charger will create interference apparently because it too is electric!

I suggested they they alert potential buyers to this major downside but I don't hold out much hope of that happening. I later bought a New Trent charger also from Amazon and that works just fine.

Save yourself the hustle - buy elsewhere
on 30 October 2012
I have only used 2A port for charging my samsung galaxy s3 while using it for GPS navigation in car.
At the end of 1hr journey S3 battery level is charged up rather then draining down. :)

This one fits my bill. Based on my horrible experience i would suggest to pls not take any other low rating 1A or 750mA charger if you use mobile for navigations.

con: estimated delivery date is bit long...
on 12 July 2014
I wanted something nice and neat to charge multiple devices at the same time. I tried a few alternatives but most are clunky especially the ones where it takes 3 actual car chargers vs the usb cables. This one is ideal and came with a 10 year warranty which is all you can ask for!
on 10 May 2013
Its small,compact does not get in the way and works perfect.
I only gave it 4 stars because it has a small blue light,which can reflect off the windows making you think there is a Police car behind you.