Customer reviews

Cold shoe Rod Clamp Rail block Block for Stabilizer Flash Light DSLR Rig
Colour: Rod Clamp 951|Change

on 16 September 2017
It fits the hot shoe on my Nikon D7100 without any issue but it has a habit of coming undone by itself. To get it to sit correctly you have to faff about rotating it then lock it in place, I've not had any issue with the ball head coming loose and the thumb key feels well made. The build quality is very good and it's finished in gloss black, the machining is also excellent with no sharp edges, burrs or nicks in the steel.
I'd definitely recommend this but the hot shoe mount and lock wheel can be a bit of a pain.
on 2 June 2017
Thank you Amazon for coming to the rescue with this needed piece of kit. Amazon emailed me this surgestion after an unsuccessful search for this kind of mount. I needed to attach a Atomos Ninja Blade to my Pro video camera. The camera needed to be carried with a Steadicam, and so it was important for the Blade not to move, or it would upset the balance. This mount holds the Blade. very securely on the camera. And at around £7, It is a very important cog in an expensive piece of kit.
on 13 August 2017
Does exactly what it;s supposed to do. Comparing it to Ex-Pro® Cold Shoe 15mm Rod Clamp Rail Block for Stabiliser Flash Light DSLR Rig, Magic Arm, LCD Lighting etc.. this one is a couple of mm taller, was £2.50 more expensive and has a black thumb screw which can be repositioned out of the way
on 19 May 2015
I've used this so many times to mount a SmallHD AC7 monitor on top of my camera and pretty much never managed to stop it coming undone and wobbling within about five minutes.
I binned it and now use the larger magic arm.
on 26 September 2015
This works - just! It has a tendency to come loose whilst on the hotshoe and you have to keep checking that it isn't getting loose. If you intend mounting an expensive monitor on to the top of your DSLR or video camera then this probably won't meet your requirements.
on 10 October 2017
Its ok however it could be better by making the screw to lock the plate feel stronger. It feels like it couldn't hold much weight and it worries me putting my LED lights onto it. Other than that it does its purpose.
on 5 June 2017
Well made piece of kit that allows me to place a Zoom recorder on the top of my DSLR and have it angled towards me. Seems well made and has survived a couple of shoots.
on 25 January 2017
Well built item. Fixes into place in a solid, immovable way with a clamping system that will secure your peripheral (a microphone / light for example) into place without much chance of it moving.
review image
on 2 May 2017
For holding small pieces of equipment, these small ball heads are just great. I use them for the iPad Pro bracket, the Manfrotto digital director, and for the YN600 Air backlight
on 8 May 2017
It's solid, its well made and its well priced. I would recommend all the SmallRig products I have tried so far.