on 4 May 2017
I purchased this water cooler in July 2015 and recently it has been making a lot of noise. Now it transpires the fan has stopped working and it has stopped chilling the water which has now rendered the machine as useless. Can you please advise me if I can purchase a new fan to replace the existing one.
on 11 January 2015
At first I was very happy with this chiller. It always keeps the water at a nice temperature even when the room temperature rises above 33C in summer. I give it 3 stars because the fan is quite noisy. I can compared it with the noise of a desktop PC spinning at high revs. Also after 11-months of use it seems that the fan needs to be replaced (if I can get a spare one) because often it makes a high pitch sound.
on 12 August 2013
This really was a great buy and I do not know how I would have managed without in this Summer's heatwave.Chilled water at the touch of a button.
on 25 September 2015
Exceptional product waters not the same anymore. Tap water tastes Horrible purified tastes good
This item was faulty but Amazon was very helpful in sorting the problem very pleased will shop again
Size: 12 Months|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As someone who has a daughter who drinks gallons of expensive bottled water this seemed the ideal solution.

PROS
----
An excellent product to look at, aesthetically. It just looks like something that belongs in a kitchen or office without looking too industrial. Many people have used water dispensers like this before and this immediately makes it clear that's what this is.

Chills water down but not to the 4 degrees you have in the fridge. However, see my caveat below of what happens in unseasonally warm weather (such as the UK experienced in July 2013). Too cold water gives me brain freeze so chilled-but-not-iced water is just perfect.

Holds a reasonable amount of water too (7.2 litres) so you don't need to top up that often (obviously depends on how much you drink and how many people use the machine. I found that with just a couple of people using it then it lasted a good day or more before requiring replenishment.

It's quiet. Yes, you can stick your ear right up to it and hear the fan whirring (occasionally) but you don't hear the unit in the normal course of the day.

First filters lasted about 3 weeks (so far, but then we probably have used the unit more because it's new and exciting). Lucky they give you 6 more filters so I should be OK for about a year!

CONS
----
Mains lead is ridiculously short. This unit is designed to sit on a counter top (I imagine) but my mains sockets are near floor level in my kitchen. I needed a short extension lead. If your sockets are at counter top height you won't have this problem.

The indicator light seems stuck in two shades of blue. Each shade is telling you what it's currently doing but a green/red LED would have been a *much* better design option. As it is I have no idea what the unit is currently doing. Do I care? Not really.

During the current (July 2013 heat wave, 30 degrees during the day) this unit barely chills the water as it can only bring it down about 10 degrees lower than room temperature. Outside of extreme heat it brings it down to around 12 degrees which is ideal for immediate drinking. Pity there's not a turbo button for warm weather.

All in all a great (albeit not perfect) machine that does what it says and looks the part too.
on 7 January 2016
This product is great:)
Instead of buying sparkling water I have cooled filter water now, in the long term it will save me money.
It's so convenient even the kids are drinking the water instead of the sweet fizzy stuff, bonus!
on 30 January 2013
We love the water from this chiller! Perfectly chilled and the filter makes the water taste great. We're drinking more water since we bought this.
on 12 April 2014
I was very pleased with this chiller initially, despite it being noisy. However, after just six months it started overheating and then cut out completely. I tried to make contact with the manufacturer but received no response.
on 23 November 2013
I bought this water chiller at the beginning of August, I was disappointed in it from day one, as I didn't like the taste of the water, but I thought that was just me and I would get used to it. I didn't! So I took the water filter out and just poured bottled water into it to chill. I have cleaned it regularly using Milton tablets, which are used to clean baby bottles, so should be good. This morning it was coming up for two weeks so I asked my husband to carry it from my office downstairs for me to clean. When I opened up the top there was all mould floating on top of the water, and I had used some first thing to take a couple of tablets. This is the first time that it has been that bad but I have had black specks in the water before.
I bought a years supply of filters with it which haven't even been opened. My previous chiller I only had to clean every month or so and never ever had a problem with it, and certainly nothing like this and I had the other one for almost 10 years, unfortunately I was unable to replace it as they have stopped importing that particular model.