Customer reviews

Tommee Tippee Explora Weaning Kit (Pink)
Colour: Pink|Change
Price:£28.00+ £3.49 shipping

on 1 February 2014
what can I say? Great first feeding set for your baby. would be great if they also made a gender neutral product though
on 25 November 2012
This set feels good quality. It's all quite sturdy plastic and feels like it was built to last and it can be put on the top rack of the dishwasher. The little pots are about the right size for carrying snacks etc in your changing bag after you finish the tiny puréed meals stage. The design of the spoons is very clever as they are extremely flexible so are kind to little gums! Not sure that you would really be able to use them for long after purée stage as they are *that* soft.

The bit I most wanted, and unfortunately the bit I was least impressed with, was the beaker. It is a handy little size and has a nice soft spout but I find it takes me several goes to get the lid on so the spout ends up in the middle and not over a handle. The worst bit is the valve. When you come to clean the beaker, you need to disassemble the valve system. There is a plastic tab to pull on to remove the valve, then you need to pull out the flexible bit inside and wash all the bits separately. I can see why - they would just trap stale drink and become a breeding ground for all sorts if you didn't separate and wash them thoroughly. This sounds fine in theory, but just try pulling out the smooth plastic tab when it's covered in milk, it's really not easy to do. If you had long fingernails or mobility problems in your fingers or hands it would be almost impossible.

The set seems very expensive to me too, but as far as I can see it is cheaper than buying the individual pieces.
on 8 November 2013
My daughter was really impressed with everything contained in this weaning kit which had more items than she'd anticipated. Good value for money as far as she's concerned.
VINE VOICEon 9 January 2013
Colour: Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great little starter kit for when you are weaning your little one. Our baby has just started the transition from breast to proper food and it has been invaluable. First off it has been well designed with pleasing colours and textures for baby to look at and play with and it also seems to be very durable and solid. I am trying to keep the amount of baby bits we have about the house to a minimum and this kit is proving to be really useful as I have been able to get rid of most of the other bits and bobs we had acquired. The two small food pots are used daily for his meals as they are small enough for me to keep hold of while feeding him. They are also used when we travel anywhere as the lids fit well and (so far) we have not had any leaks. The soft spoon is great as he loves to chew on it as well as eat from it, though it can be a little tough for us to scrape food out of pots as the end bends all over the place. As he gets bigger we will be using the larger dish and more solid spoon and I suspect at that point we may need to buy one or two more bits but until then this kit has provided everything we need food wise. The first sip cup is proving useful as he is able to hold onto the handles easily and he loves to rub his gums on the spout when they are painful. As yet the little man has not quite got the hang of drinking from the cup but we are getting closer and I think it will be the cup we use most days when he does start being able to use it properly.

Overall this really is a fab little set but I do feel that it is perhaps a little steep price wise hence the 4 starts rather than 5.
VINE VOICEon 14 December 2012
Colour: Pink|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This handy kit comes in 'pink' for girls and a blue version for boys. As Weaning Kits go, it's as practical as any and comes with everything you'll need to help get your youngsters onto solids. The colours are eye-catching, they are not cheaply made, and the lids attach effectivley and come off without much adult tugging. As stated, you get one sippy cup, s storage bots, 2 spoons, and an odd bowl/lid/spoon combo which I can't wait to try out in the next few months with my next bambino. Each piece is well designed, easy to wash, and are simple to use.
on 24 January 2014
So this Tommy Tippee set is really nice and useful. We've bought other things from Tommy Tippee, like the starter set with bottles, and we were pleased with that one and we are still pleased with this one. I might have thought to buy an extra feeding bowl. There are all together 3 spoons and I don't find it necessary to buy extra.
They have amazing color (we bought the blue green set because we have a boy) and the two of them they got a really soft bendable silicone tip which helped our baby for his first meals so he will start to eat. We were letting the spoon inside his mouth to start biting and swalling the cream, because at the beginning he couldn't understand that we place something in his mouth. So with the soft tip of the spoon inside his mouth he started to do what he was supposed to do and after few tries he could easily eat without leaving the spoon inside his mouth anymore. The little cup with the handles is also very nice and I think it takes nice quantity of water or juice for a baby between 5-6 months to 1 year and it's really cute. Again our baby didn't have any problem holding and drinking from it. I don't want to be even more detailed although I can :D!
The conclusion is that it's a nice beginners weaning set and I am pleased with this purchase!
on 20 December 2012
Colour: Pink|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The cute design and bright pink and orange colours are probably as much for the parents as the baby, but does at give the impression some thought has gone into this kit. Everything is well made and smooth and soft where it needs to be (soft spoons for tiny mouths). Mine has not had any real use yet (my niece is still too young for weaning) but having had a practice assemble/disassemble I see no problems arising in actual 'combat' situations.
on 22 May 2014
I love it and it came right on time. I will recommend this product to anyone that wants to start weaning their child. Good product and value for money
VINE VOICEon 21 December 2012
This is a Great First weaning Set. Our little boy started having a small portion of solids from 4&1/2 months as he kept looking to share our food with us whenever he got the chance. He is now almost 6 months and loves feeding himself and drinking from the sippy cup from this set and looks very proud of himself for eating like an adult. Especially the large pot is very useful as it allows to to store a spoon such that it stays clean before food and keeps your bag clean after. The sippy cup seals well and teaches the baby to lift the cup in order to drink. The rubber mouth piece is also very good from chomping on. The reason for only giving four starts are the spoons that come with the set. They are made from a rubbery plastic which gives them some flexibility, but they are also quite chunky. I can see the thought behind the design, it gives the baby good grip and is less likely to make it gag. However because it makes the spoons sort of floppy we found them not terribly practical. We quickly replaced them with slightly smaller hard plastic ones which work well. These are available from the same brand or elsewhere.
on 6 October 2013
great product -pots great for freezing food as easy to get food out again & cup useful when weaning before 6 months, less mess.