on 4 October 2014
Will not work in some cars or vans when charging iPhone or ipad
on 29 September 2013
Awesome product great value would recommend to a friend and would buy from them again delivery was fast and on time
on 27 November 2012
I bought this to act as a charger for my new iPhone 5 so I could use it as a satnav. Sadly the USB port doesn't fit the charger so I can't. It may work for anothe phone - I haven't tested it but don't buy it for the 5.
on 17 December 2012
Item arrived quickly and well packed, however as i attempted to charge my ipone 5 in the car the charge indicator came on for a few seconds then went off and the charger was very hot. after reading the rating on the charger it can only give out 1 Amp of current and the iphone 5 requires a 2.1 Amp charger (like the Belkin i have since bought and am very happy with)

to be fair to the seller i was issued with a refund for the item and decided to buy the Belkin - looks like you really do get what you pay for !

probably is a good charger for lower current rated items
on 10 November 2012
The first items sent included a faulty Lightning lead that did not work with the Iphone 5; it would not charge or exchange data. I am told that this is because it was faulty but there does seem to be some confusion as the whether none genuine Apple parts will work with the Iphone 5.

However, when I asked for a refund the suppliers offered to send a tested, replacement lead which I agreed that I would try. The lead arrived today complete with FOC in-car charger and I am happy to report that both appear to work with my Iphone 5.

So why have I given it only 3 stars? Well it does not say in the description that the lead is not original equipment, nor that it is shorter than the original which may be a problem for some people (in car charging while using sat nav on phone in some vehicles for instance). And because given the hassle of receiving a faulty item in the first place I do wonder if the saving is worthwhile.

Still, for now it is working and it is cheaper than genuine Apple equipment.
on 29 November 2012
Bought this - didnt even work in a Vw car cig lighter - tried in other car's (audi) also didnt work.

Did not arrive in a box as pictured - was lose in a brown envelope.

Sent back to seller to get a refund.

Would not waste your time with this - best spending a little more money and getting something that actually works.
on 20 October 2012
Cheap but useless! It doesn't fit the usb cable and so it utterly pointless. Don't be conned like I was
on 14 March 2013
Plugged in my existing iPhone 5 charger and it seemed to do an OK job for a few weeks. After this however, it ceased to work almost completely. Would charge the phone for about 5 mins then stop. If you unplugged the lead and plugged it back in it would work for a further 5 mins. Nothing wrong with the apple lead, as I am now using it with a different USB charger with no issues whatsoever.
on 21 November 2012
The charger worked perfectly the first time used. Second time however it would stop charging after about 5 minutes and just has not worked properly since. Do not waste your money on this.
on 5 January 2013
When I plugged it in for the first time it worked after a few seconds. However after about 5 minutes it stopped working. And now I can't get it to work at all. The red light on the adapter comes on so I assume there is power. I think the problem is apple are getting so protective with third party accessories, making there products incompatible with any other third party products, Have tried with both iPhone 4 and 5.
Going to do some more research before I purchase something similar!