Size: 30-PIN Adapter|Change
Price:£30.52+ Free shipping

on 24 February 2014
The reviews on here are very confusing, and threw me for a while and put me off ordering. I now can see that it appears another seller is advertising a cheaper product under the same listing (the final photo is a totally different product), hence the mixed reviews I guess, depending which seller was chosen. I can conform that the expensive item under the listing is indeed a genuine Apple adapter and i have tested tonight with my iPhone 5s and it charges and syncs no problem, plus I have connected it to my Onkyo HiFi dock and it plays perfectly through that.

Most of the adapters on other listings that look like this one will not play music through a dock. There are also others that have an additional pin that slots into the headphone socket….but that's no good if you want to use headphones.

Excellent product and essential if you don't want to throw out all your old docks/DABs with iPod docks integrated, plus for use as an additional charger adapter for all your old apple cables.
11 comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2013
***Original review***
The adapter I received in a small plastic sleeve was not an official adapter made by apple as stated on amazon. It is a much cheaper copy.

My iPhone 5 is running IOS7 and although when using the adapter there are no errors the adapter does not provide full functionality. It allows charging, syncing but won't allow audio playback (through docks etc).

Some of the reviews seem to contradict this, I can only guess that the adapters sent out are not the same "batch".

1 stars for charging and syncing but overall I am disappointed the product is not genuine as I was led to believe!

***Updated October 2013***
I returned my adapter for a refund and then reordered (no problem), this time I selected Amazon as the seller (which is not the default!). Check the listing says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon." if you want to ensure you the the genuine article. I ended up paying £15 and the adapter I received is the proper genuine item and works as it should!.

Updated review, 3 stars. It works as it should and well but in all fairness this should have been included with all new lightning devices. It's a bit of a rip off for what it is, really they should be using standardized micro-usb. That said, this is apple, and they do have shareholders to keep happy....
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 September 2013
This does not work with either of the iPhone 5's we have in the house, it is messaging 'not compatible' therefore I doubt very much it is a genuine apple product as stated in the description.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2013
I bought 2 of these. Already have 2. They were not in apple packaging and are clearly fake when you compare to a real apple one. Connected to dock and no playback through speakers either. Avoid this item if you plan on playing music through a dock.
0Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 September 2013
Doesn't carry audio, it won't work on any of my old 30pin audio devices. It will charge only.

I bit the bullet and bought (and paid the price) for an apple certified adaptor that works with everything.

Save your cash, bite the bullet and get an apple certified adaptor, it's expensive (£25 + p&p) but at least it works.
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2012
Like other people on here, I ordered a couple of lightning adapters for my iphone about three weeks ago, at the time the price was about £3 each. Was informed via email that delivery was going to be around the 16th October, which was fine, however the 16th arrived and all I received was an email stating that the company was cancelling my order. Just looked on the Amazon site again and the same company is advertising the same, for over £10 each, RIP-OFF Merchants.
on 17 October 2012
Like others order it 3 weeks ago at a cost £3.39 plus £2.50 p&p but out the blue a cancelled order email and now see they back on order for over £10, very disappointing....and sorry to say can't be trustworthy.
on 5 October 2013
Doesn’t work properly with the iPhone 5S. The latest Apple phone pops up with a message saying that this won’t work properly as it's not an Apple product.
on 17 October 2012
Obviously this company tried to catch customers out with a cheap deal on this product and then order cancelled without any explanation and now price has gone up! Use a reliable company! Disgraceful customer service, you've been warned.
on 19 April 2013
Well, it's not an Apple product, that's for sure. Check the box - the bottom of mine says 'Apple Ligning to USB Cable'. I mean, come on, 'Ligning'?

Doesn't work with Grundig's DAB radio iPod dock. One star because it charges the iPod whilst sitting mutely on the dock.