TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 April 2013
The iPhone is a beautiful, sleek and elegant piece of technology, but why do they make it out of glass?
Glass, for heaven's sake. It is an accident waiting to happen. I know at least three people who managed to crack either the front or the back, or both sides of their iPhone. Protection is essential.

The Griffin Survivor is neither beautiful, nor elegant and it is certainly not sleek. It makes my phone about three times thicker and it takes up a lot more room in my pocket.
I don't care - it is the best case I've found so far, encasing the entire unit in a hard inner and flexible outer shell, and making me feel a lot happier about handling it. I can operate all the functions without removing the case - camera, headphones, sound on/off, touchscreen, charger, etc.

Fitting the case took about five minutes - the instructions were easy to follow. Yes, it actually comes with instructions, which is unusual for a phone case, but the different layers of protection do have to be fitted in a certain order. Once it's correctly fitted, it's probably better to leave it on. It's a bit cumbersome to take it on and off constantly. If you're the type of person who likes to have lots of covers and change them three times a day, this is not the one for you.

So yes, I like it - it is exactly what I wanted. I suppose a girly pink cover would look nicer, but I'm keeping this one.
on 13 August 2013
I bought this after going on a 4 day hike with my (then) iPhone 4S in a Griffin Survivor. Not having to pack your phone when you get drizzle of rain or cross a river is the best, also I was able to clip the phone to the chest strap on my backpack so I wouldn't have to carry it in my backpack or in a pocket.

The difference with this case and the one one for iPhone 4/4S is first and foremost how much easier it was to put the old one on. This one took a lot longer to put on but you're not going to be popping your phone in in the field like the old one. This design however brings some nice updates to the old case like a flap for the camera that you don't have to hold with your finger when taking a picture.

It adds quite a bulk to an otherwise really slim phone so I wouldn't recommend using this as a primary case but rather as an option to use your phone in situations where you normally wouldn't.

I still have to put this through it's paces but I suspect it will keep my phone safe and sound in the most extreme conditions.

One thing I noticed when putting my phone in is the rubber part close to the bottom on the phone was probably bent when the case was in packaging so it feels a bit loose, but it probably won't be an issue.
on 24 April 2017
This really is bomb-proof. I work on a dusty damp area quite a lot, and this protects the phone incredibly well, and you can still use all the features of the phone. Highly recommended
on 31 October 2014
Phone cover is great will bounce if accidentally dropped and will work well in heavy rain only down side is the plastic holder for the phone the end hook tends to snap off after a while making the holder unusable.
This is better than the earlier types but still needs some work to make it 5 star
on 19 July 2017
Great product providing a high level of protection for my phone. Good service and fast delivery.
on 10 April 2013
Bought one of these for iPhone 5 and the appropriate one for iPhone 4 (pink) after wife thought her phone was a submarine. Might survive a very quick dunking but I am not testing for that.
Gives the phone a nice chunky feel. Easy to fit and cameras work in case. Flap on back to swivel out of way to use rear camera. I like it!
on 30 September 2016
Great product. Great quality. Great service. Thank you. Will buy again from you
on 2 March 2017
Good case but not flush against iPhone screen.
on 18 October 2016
Case great; belt clip totally useless. It's not fit for purpose being nowhere near as robust as the case. I bought this specifically because of the belt clip function and it's nowhere near good enough. This is the second belt clip that has failed in the same way.
review image