on 31 July 2016
I have to confess to having been a huge fan of Diana Henry before I even bought this book and she does not disappoint. I have a busy job but can usually find some thing in here to quickly transform whatever happens to be in the fridge into some thing inspiring and delicious,quickly and easily at the end of the day. The Dahl recipes are a great standby either as a main or side. Chops,chicken and veg are transported to a higher plane with the imaginative use of herbs and spices.Dont worry if you don't have them in your store cupboard there is a helpful directory advising where to purchase.( Many available through traders on Amazon). Only word of warning ; don't buy if you dislike garlic.On the flip side stock up if you do .
on 6 August 2010
Somehow this book always hits the spot. I defy anyone to browse through the glorious photographs and not head straight for the cooker. I'm no chef, as the dog will testify, but thanks to this book with well presented recipe and familiar ingredients, meals are a real pleasure to prepare. If you know anyone who likes good, honest, tasty food but is a bit nervous of cooking (as I was) this is the book to enthuse them.
on 8 September 2013
I've never done a review before but this book is great. Apart from the dessert and cake recipes (I don't do sweet) you can count on one hand the recipes I don't want to try. Only bought it because it was cheap but had it been full price and I had seen it first I definitely would have paid. Am going to get a hard copy for my collection I love it so much.
on 13 June 2015
A bit too simple and some of the recipes don't work all that well. I don't like overly complicated books, but there was not a lot to really to suit me. There was an over emphasis on sausages and chops, neither of which I really eat, especially pork. However, that is personal taste. Nicely. Illustrated though.
on 28 April 2008
If you only buy one cookbook this year make sure it's this one. I have a huge collection of cookery books (I am addicted!), but I have cooked at least a dozen from this already. Perfect for everyday, but some recipes are great for dinner with friends too. Almost all are child friendly too, with perhaps a bit of tweeking depending upon the child. Quick, easy and no fuss - my favourite book for quite some time.
on 5 October 2011
This book is easy to use, any receipe I have tried has been tasty and I m not a great cook.
Found I could find the ingredients easily and preparation was straight forward and did nt take too much time.
Look forward to trying more receipes.
on 23 November 2013
This is the first time I've purchased a book by a chef unknown to me, and I'm not disappointed because there are some really good recipes. However, some of the recipes are adapted recipes from more celebrated chefs.

I've given the book three stars mainly because there isn't an accompanying picture for each recipe. I purchased this book for at a reduced price and it was definitely worth buying (it was under a fiver).

Update:
I tried my first recipe from those book for Christmas dinner yesterday (lamb stuffed with feta and diminished tomatoes), which turned out simply divine!
on 5 July 2015
Just has some great recipes in the book which can be used for everyday meals or family meals and even for those special events. The recipes are easy to read and understand. A 'must' for all kitchens
on 10 November 2012
The most infectious writer on food. She makes cold water sound delicious and no-one but no-one can turn a kitchen into an Alladin's cave of flavours like she can.
on 26 October 2011
I have several Diana Henry books and this is by far the most sucessful. It is unusual for a book to deliver recipes which (so far) have all been a great success. But why, oh why is the index so dreadful? If you want to find a recipe that you vaguely remember you have to go back throught the whole book which is very irritating indeed - and it is the same for "Crazy Water, Pickled Lemons" and "Roast Figs, Sugar, Snow". Publisher - improvements in the next edition please!