on 17 March 2013
This was bought as a replacement for a Navigon suction SatNav holder. The Navigon holders seem to have a lifespan of about six months and cost about £25 a pop.
I was a bit wary because of the price but it sticks like a limpet to the windscreen with a simple twist lock and although the sprung holders seem a bit flimsy at first they do the job and are much tougher then they look. Setting the screen of a SatNav or phone at any angle is simple and whatever you are using it for the screen is held securely.
All in all a good product at a good price and much cheaper than a branded holder.
on 17 March 2013
Does exactly what I wanted it to do. Ultimately flexible and is the only one I've ever had that will affix properly to the dash rather than having alien circles all over the windscreen.
Brill.
on 22 February 2013
Needed something to put my iPhone 5 in on the go and this does the job just fine. You can sucker it to your windscreen, however I liked that it came with a sticky pad that you can affix to your dashboard, then sucker the holder onto that. It's good if you don't want to stretch your phone because it's attached to the windscreen.
The phone is firmly fixed in place by way of a clamp on either side, lengthways, which is made of foam so it doesn't harm the phone. It's just about possible to attach and detach the phone with one hand, which I also like.
Finally you can rotate your phone any way that you like. There's a ball-like socket that allows you to change which way the phone faces, plus you can change its orientation (to landscape or portrait) by twisting it around.
No problems with it all, worth paying a bit more than some other holders.
on 8 September 2013
Hi I have received this product after two weeks and its broken, fells off the windscreen after few minutes, each time you use it. almost damaged my mobile while driving.
I did contact seller, and next day they emailed me back just to tell that they are sorry but they products are top quality and I should check it with manual. This is what I've paid for. I will never ever buy from this company again! Just wasted time and money.
on 24 November 2012
Neat looking, perfectly working universal phone holder. Looks much more expensive that it was. It fits my iPhone 5 perfectly, but it would have fit the 4 I had before and the 3 before that just as easily. 100% recommend.
on 3 March 2013
Works great, fits ideally in the car, with super easy installation. Holds phone very securely, and works with any size of case. Quick delivery was also appreciated!
on 14 February 2014
I bought this because I've upgraded to an iPhone 5 from a 4, but my husband still has the 4, and we needed a generic holder rather than my previous one which was iPhone 4 specific.

The holder is relatively small and unobtrusive, and quite discreet when not in use.

The main benefit of this holder against others is that you can keep the case on the phone, and it will accommodate a variety of phones due to its adjustability.

Some reviews said it falls off the windscreen - I've got no complaints here and have done a few hundred miles with it on now. When you fit it to the windscreen you need to twist the top on the base, which is a little bit tricky, but once it's on it's on. There's a small arrow on the base and you have to push it quite hard for the last bit to fully secure it - I would imagine those that fell off were not fitted correctly as it is a bit faffy!

The only minor niggle is that there is a little vibration through it and a bit of a wobble, although this is minor and not that bad that you can't read the sat nav for instance.

Overall, this is a great accessory for a great price. I would happily recommend it.
on 18 February 2013
OK, so I gave it three chances to stay attached to my windscreen. The first time it fell off as soon as I pulled away from the kerb, but on that occasion I assumed user error. I tried again, making really certain I'd moved the rotating bit that creates the suction all the way back before pressing the suction cup against the (clean) windscreen and twisting it in to get a really good grip. That lasted until the first set of traffic lights, dropping off as the car came to a halt. I was stuck in a queue for ages, so I decided to have another go, this time moistening the disc slightly before doing my best to get good suction. This time it lasted slightly longer, but fell off as I was going round a traffic island; the phone fell heavily onto the floor, hitting the car door on the way down and taking a chip out of the aluminium edging.

When I got home I had a good look at the suction cup, comparing it to the one on my sat nav cradle, which just never falls off (despite the unit being a good bit heavier and needing a lot more prodding than an iPhone). That's made of a sort of clear gel-like material; the one on this unit is a much more rigid black plastic. I think that's partly why it doesn't work, the suction cup isn't good enough quality by far. Another issue is that the rotating unit to which you attach the phone is quite heavy, and this, coupled with the weight of the phone itself, is too much for the poor quality suction cup. iPhones are just too expensive to risk with tat like this - my advice is buy a decent one instead!
on 9 March 2015
It sticks onto the window well and I'm quite confident with how well it's holding on.

The ball and socket which holds the main arm did break very quickly though. I am still able to use it quite well, but it means that it does not hold the angle of the screen very tightly and it can tend to droop down when you are driving.
on 15 February 2013
I've read previous reviews mentioning the lack of instructions. If you're unable fit, or if you find this product slightly difficult to install, then please hand your car keys into the police, as you are clearly not intelligent enough to drive, or possibly even blink and breathe at the same time! If you can't work out that you have to press against the window, and twist, then please stay away from heavy machinery. Thank you!

See one answered question