on 6 July 2017
I used this to hold my iPhone in my Audi A3. It worked really well on the windscreen.
It wasn't great on the dashboard, but that was more the material it was sticking on to. It held the phone really nicely, and it never fell out.
This was a really good purchase, that came with fast delivery. I would recommend if you are looking for an easy to use phone holder.
on 14 February 2014
I bought this because I've upgraded to an iPhone 5 from a 4, but my husband still has the 4, and we needed a generic holder rather than my previous one which was iPhone 4 specific.

The holder is relatively small and unobtrusive, and quite discreet when not in use.

The main benefit of this holder against others is that you can keep the case on the phone, and it will accommodate a variety of phones due to its adjustability.

Some reviews said it falls off the windscreen - I've got no complaints here and have done a few hundred miles with it on now. When you fit it to the windscreen you need to twist the top on the base, which is a little bit tricky, but once it's on it's on. There's a small arrow on the base and you have to push it quite hard for the last bit to fully secure it - I would imagine those that fell off were not fitted correctly as it is a bit faffy!

The only minor niggle is that there is a little vibration through it and a bit of a wobble, although this is minor and not that bad that you can't read the sat nav for instance.

Overall, this is a great accessory for a great price. I would happily recommend it.
on 21 May 2013
I've had a few phone mounts for phones now. I keep having to upgrade them because my phone changes size, which is very annoying.

This time, I decided to go for something universal, and I'm glad I did.

This holds the phone perfectly well - it's a fairly strong grip so there's no real worry of it falling out. The padded arms also offer much needed protection.

The arm is manoeuvrable enough for everything I've needed so far.

My only grip is the way you attach and detach it is a little strange - there's a kind of locking mechanism that you have to turn while pressing the cup to the window, which can be a little ungainly if you're stretching or at an awkward angle, but you soon pick it up.
on 25 April 2013
I bought one of these because my neighbour recommended it, but was a bit dubious when i saw people leaving reviews because they were having problems with the suction cup.

I ordered it anyway, and when I first tried to apply it to the window it wouldn't stick. Then I realised I was being stupid -there is a rotatable wheel above the suction cup, you need to rotate it to release, apply the suction cup to the window and then tighten it. I guess some people have written theirs off without realising.

The cradle never falls off and is fantastic, I even used this in The Californian heat on holiday and it worked great.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 February 2013
OK, so I gave it three chances to stay attached to my windscreen. The first time it fell off as soon as I pulled away from the kerb, but on that occasion I assumed user error. I tried again, making really certain I'd moved the rotating bit that creates the suction all the way back before pressing the suction cup against the (clean) windscreen and twisting it in to get a really good grip. That lasted until the first set of traffic lights, dropping off as the car came to a halt. I was stuck in a queue for ages, so I decided to have another go, this time moistening the disc slightly before doing my best to get good suction. This time it lasted slightly longer, but fell off as I was going round a traffic island; the phone fell heavily onto the floor, hitting the car door on the way down and taking a chip out of the aluminium edging.

When I got home I had a good look at the suction cup, comparing it to the one on my sat nav cradle, which just never falls off (despite the unit being a good bit heavier and needing a lot more prodding than an iPhone). That's made of a sort of clear gel-like material; the one on this unit is a much more rigid black plastic. I think that's partly why it doesn't work, the suction cup isn't good enough quality by far. Another issue is that the rotating unit to which you attach the phone is quite heavy, and this, coupled with the weight of the phone itself, is too much for the poor quality suction cup. iPhones are just too expensive to risk with tat like this - my advice is buy a decent one instead!
on 15 September 2014
Disclaimer - I have not used this on glass. The first thing I did was to bolt the included suction surface onto the A-pillar in my truck.

While attached to its bundled suction surface, it survived 4k miles including offroad without falling which is the best I have managed out of a holder so far. All in all, it has detached once during the 5k miles I have done with it which is a very good achievement for a suction attached device.
on 5 July 2013
Good value for the price. Pretty sturdy and reliable. Fits all types of phones but I use an iPhone 5 on it.
No problems with build or strength of product and is holding up very well.

Only negative is the sucker that sticks to the windscreen is very short, therefore the phone ends up extremely close to the windscreen. I've had no real issues overall but if I do hit any major bumps I can imagine my phone hitting the windscreen.

Great plus is I don't have to take my case off for it to fit into the holder. If it had a slighty longer stem from window to phone I'd give it 5 stars.
on 30 May 2014
I have purchased this type of product previously and was in awe of it. The design of the product is very brilliant. I can safely say the best design for this kind of product.The previous one last many years but the new ones broke in a few days. So all in all the new ones from "Gizmo Mill" were poorly built. The plastic material used is very fragile. May be to keep cost down. But that defeats the purpose of a cost effective product.
on 16 April 2013
I'll be honest, I didn't expect much for £3.85. Amazingly it's way better than many holders I've tried which cost ten times the amount. As it doesn't have a long arm, there's virtually no vibration so the screen (me iPhone 5, wife iPhone 4, both fit perfectly) is always easy to view. Can't comment on window suction as I have it attached to the middle of the dash using the sticker & suction pad. There's absolutely no give once it's on- totally secure. As some have commented, there are no instructions but I agree with the reviewer who said if you can't work it out, you really shouldn't be driving/allowed out the house/near sharp objects. I'd have been happy if I'd paid £15 for this, at £3.85 it's an absolute no-brainer.
on 12 April 2013
It arrived within 24 hours - even with free delivery - and was simply packaged (no box or instructions, neither of which were necessary). It is an incredibly simple yet effective design. It takes up minimal space yet is sturdy and infinitely variable on positioning. Folds back to a small footprint - unlike many others - and is neat. I have yet to use it for any real period of time but initial impression is very positive. And at an unbeatable price! Will buy more for the other cars!

See one answered question