on 15 March 2014
This certainly not an easy pick up and go product. There is a lot to learn, but what a powerful piece of kit it is.
I am no artist but wanted to create the odd animation or two for other projects that I am working on.
I am still learning lots and I am way down on the skill set at present, but it has certainly a lot of potential and there are lots of free helpful tutorials out there, together with the company webinars which are excellent.
It might have a lot of functions that I will not get around to utilising, but at least they are there for the using if you have a need.
It certainly very exciting to think of the possibilities it provides should you want to or need to create more complex animations.
I'd definitely recommend this product, however be prepared to work to learn how to use it for maximum efficiency.
on 7 June 2013
Made a mistake with my review for Debut 9... Having upgraded twice in a short space of time due to 10 yo son getting addicted, this is the product for a budding animator. Debut is very good, but this is almost unlimited in its potential. Top buy at this price.
on 29 November 2014
This is not very exciting if you enjoy doing your own drawings. Makes everything look unnatural. No proper instruction and tutorials on utube are awful
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2017
I enjoyed the episode show even it only sub English
I wish to be a English translation.
Thank you.
on 28 October 2015
still a bit of a novice with this but loving it and improving every time I use it. glad I bought it.
on 18 April 2015
Amazing really pleased!
on 29 January 2013
Edited September 2015. Brilliant program, I am now using 9.5. V10 didn't seem to offer much in the way of extras and you have to be aware that Smith Micro always describes all the old features as if they are new ones with each version. The price to upgrade always puts me off and the same applies to version 11. Don't like the latest manual - insufficient detail. I revert to the v8 manual quite often. Don't like not having a search facility for puzzling problems.
on 5 November 2016