Customer reviews

Fight Like a Girl [Explicit]
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 7 April 2017
While not as good as her first album but it's still a highly enjoyable cd.
on 8 January 2014
Emily Autumn defies description as an artist. If you want industrial, electronica, rock, broadway? She's got you covered. Fight like a girl is an anthem for the oppressed, the downtrodden, the angry...... Give it a listen, you won't regret it.
on 28 September 2015
bought this album for the cover magical album have bought every bit of music by autumn beautiful
on 30 October 2012
If you are a disapproving parent, misogynistic male, not willing to look beyond the surface or just scared of the ideas of stereotype or genre breaking, then you've probably not even got this far, Emilie Autumn will have been dismissed or damned. If you are a teenage girl battling with the trials of adolescence, then you probably won't be here either, for Emilie Autumn can do no wrong. If you are open minded and interested in getting behind the façade to the Music, then this opus is well worth a listen.

Autumn is almost an entirely self made independent star, and this album forms the third part a cycle of vocal works that track her development as a human being suffering from bipolar syndrome, this done in a way so personal that would have been impossible in the mainstream world dominated by producers and executives from which she bravely broke free. Autumn is not one of those lost young women writing introspective `feel sorry for me' lyrics to a dreary producer driven backing, she is a first rate and versatile songwriter, musician, composer and producer writing thoughtful, multi layered songs and composing fitting and interesting music - the best of Sandy Denny, Kate Bush and Madonna rolled into one. From the escape into fantasy in the delightful and sometimes innocent debut Enchant, the horrific reality of her illness in the spikey and often difficult Opheliac, and now to her struggle to regain control of her own life in "Fight Like a Girl" - a truly magnificent work with a beautifully crafted combination of power (e.g. Time for Tea, If I burn), excitement (The Key), pathos (Gaslight), grace & sensitivity (I don't understand), and fear (the cleverly short "Hell is Empty"). Miss Autumn is indeed a very gifted and thoughtful lady, she is definitely not a screaming vengeful adolescent and it is a shame that this portrayal may alienate potential admirers. I look forward to seeing where her journey takes her next.

Although I personally love this album, I wouldn't play it to my Aunty, but if you like something a bit different, bursting with the personality of the artiste, give this a try - I hope you will be impressed. Another of my favourite divas, Anna Calvi, once said words to the effect of "Singing with passion seems to have gone out of fashion" Well don't worry Anna - It is back with a vengeance.
on 18 July 2014
Great music!
on 7 May 2015
I love this CD & I love Emilie Autumn so this was a perfect present for me :D
on 24 February 2015
Wonderful - says daughter
on 11 March 2013
People tell me that there is a real division between the "Enchant" Emilie and the one who appears in fine industrial form on "Opheliac" - and the difference in styles is certainly noticeable so you can understand why some people are drawn towards one or the other. Although FLAG retains some of the vocal quirks displayed on "Opheliac" there are also some calmer (if that's the right word?) more delicate pieces so personally I think it feels a bit broader in style.

I love the title song.... Girls! Girls! Girls! really smacks of Cabaret (in a good way!).... and One Foot in Front of the Other brings the album to a glorious close. Yet another interesting set of tracks from Ms Autumn, and well worth a listen.
on 5 April 2013
As a long-term EA fan I was delighted to get a copy of this album, since I decided I wanted a physical CD of it. She's just getting better & better IMO. Fantastically dark, but with hints of satyrical joy as well, it is wonderfully balanced. The picture of the fancy rat inside the album cover just seals the deal as a firm favourite in my collection ;)
on 11 January 2013
having purchased Emilie's last album Opheliac on a whim while on a scout for more female artists to add to my collection I have to say she doesn't dissappoint once again!

From the hard hitting tracks which then blend into softly spoken lyrics and violin work! I think having this album in your collection is a definate

A very good album to relax to and let your mind paint a picture as the songs tell a fantastic story of the Asylum