on 13 November 2012
The app that I use for my art work is inspire pro on the ipad2. Previously I have used my index finger or a rubber end type stylus with this app.
What intrigued me was the idea of a paintbrush and wondered if it would enhance my technique.
So the first thing I noticed was the very nice slim shape of the stylus and it felt really comfortable to hold.
It has a brush at one end and a rubber tip stylus the other.
I liked the way the brush can be retracted with a screwing action into the end of the stylus when not in use. This keeps it totally safe from damage and dirt and there is no cap to worry about.
I already have an eKit rubber end stylus so I am familiar with using one, however the eKit Paintbrush Stylus has a smaller rubber end and because of this is easier to use allowing for finer detail. This is ideal if you are doing design work.
Now for the paintbrush. It really is a pleasure to use and gives really fine detail.
It has a very realistic feeling and you can either paint in a leisurely fashion slowing down the whole process of painting, or if like me you are into pointillism then you are going to love this product. It really is very different to use a brush on a tablet rather than your finger.
One of the main problems with painting on an ipad is that you often get blunt ended strokes, but with this brush you can taper the end of the stroke giving a lot more variety to the painting.
It is especially good for drawing grasses,fur,leaves,water and many other subjects that require tone and shape and makes the whole experience of producing a piece of art very satisfying.
The quality of this product is very good and after having used the brush for a few days I was pleased to see the bristles had retained their shape nicely.
All in all a very good product which has added so much more to my enjoyment of art apps and helped me improve my technique.
I also tried it out on line brush and sketch time just for fun and it was equally as good with these apps. It will work with most capacitive touchscreens and I found I could use it with my Medion touchscreen computer as well.
I would certainly recommend it for any budding artist.
on 5 January 2013
When the product first arrived, I was very happy with it.
It has a nice weight to it, and is nice and slim. Very comfortable.

The brush end worked wonders at first, very responsive and pleasurable to use. I was very satisfied.
The rubber end is utter rubbish, and only good for stabbing, as the swiping drags and marks screen.

About 2 weeks later, the story is quite different. The rubber end is still utter rubbish, and now so too is the brush end. The brush seems to have lost any firmness and responsitivity whatsoever and it's just not performing well.

Avoid if you want a stylus that lasts. And for the price, you'd expect it to last.
on 22 January 2013
OK, I am impressed, the brush works fantastic...
It looks fantastic,

But, the tablet is designed to work from a finger point, therefore the BRUSH works great, but the brush effect doesn't work as the tablet sees the brush as a a few points, therefore all the control of the brush effect is down to your APP, so its not working as a brush, but as a multi point device, where the brush marks are controlled by your APP. This is a real shame, as it really feels as if your painting on screen

I would suspect that APPs will be developed to use BRUSH flow technology, but at the moment don't think any apps do

I was using AutoCAD Pro Sketch on an Android, this does have Brush flow, but cant seem to get it to work with the brush.

Otherwise as Said IMPRESSIVE
on 31 July 2013
It does the job - I only use it for drawing with my Ipad and it's fine. The brush end doesn't do much and if you think it will help you paint Ipad works of art like David Hockney - well if you are anything like me you may need to think again.
on 19 April 2013
This is a great little brush, especially considering that its at least half the price of other tablet brushes.
This makes it a great 'first brush', if you like the feel of a brush you can try more expensive ones later and build a collection . This feels very comfortable in the hand for painting, and the rubber tip means it can quickly be flipped over for typing purposes, making it a useful addition to the iPad for most apps. The retractable brush means its adjustable and keeps the brush protected, something that's missing from more expensive brushes.
on 10 January 2013
I've only just received this stylus but first impressions are good. I got given a bamboo stylus which was nice to work with but started to split very quickly. I am generally very light handed with things so was very surprised with that. So I decided to try this stylus, with the combination of brush and rubber end appealing to me. It is nicely made and I love the retractable brush, it's going to mean I can carry it in a bag or jacket pocket without mashing the bristles. Its great to be able to swop between the two ends and my quick trials so far with some drawing and painting apps have been nice. As expected there is some lag on the mark making (on iPad2) but not too much. The brush is very smooth to use and I am far more likely to use my drawing apps now than when just using a finger.
Over all I would say this is a good way to get more out of your drawing/painting apps and the quality seems very good. The only thing I would say is that the turning end for the brush is a little loose, although it does seem to tighten off more when fully in or out.
on 2 March 2013
Arrived in the quoted time scale,it certainly is different way of working your artistic talents.Good for shading and things like the sky.Takes a little getting used to,but it does it quite well....thanks
on 19 February 2013
The eKit capacitative paint brush does what it claims, but is rather thin and uncomfortable to hold in an adult hand for a long period. If you can afford the extra cost, the Pab Sensu stylus brush is much higher quality and more comfortable to hold for long periods.
on 7 December 2013
Not what we expected and difficult to use on the ipad . We thought that you could do some fine line drawing using the brush,which is not possible.
on 1 February 2013
This brush worked well to start with but the rubber tip has broken after very little use and there is no obvious way to change it. The brush works but I struggle to use it effectively.