on 28 February 2013
This computer does everything I need and more, it's slim, light weight and easly to carry. My last OS was Windows XP so it did take some getting used to windows 8, but now I'm loving it. Installing programmes and adding hardware is so easy, no need to manually install drivers as windows 8 does it all for you. The down side is the battery only last 2 1/2 hours, and it doesn't come with a genuine windows kit, so no disc if you need to reinstall windows. The kit is on the laptop so you need to back up on a flash drive, something else I have to buy. I don't think they are big problems just thought I'd mention it for anyone thinking of purchasing this laptop. Personally I like this laptop and give it the thumbs up.
on 3 February 2013
Bought this laptop for fiancee as she had killed her last one and was very surprised when opening the packing how light & slim it was. Having never used Win 8 we were a bit worried if we could get on with it.As she has a Nokia window phone she took to it like a duck to water,but me it was totally alien as i'm used to Win 7 or XP. She is now showing me how to use it.
As for the computer itself,it's very fast and smooth in the operation.The keyboard is well laid out and very responsive and we love the way it is back lit when in use. The screen is clear & bright. Overall it was a very good purchase at just over £300.
Would i recommend it Yes brilliant laptop
on 5 February 2013
When I bought this computer I intended to keep it for office use only, so I didn't care much about the integrated graphics card (HD 3000 btw). The laptop looks decent (not glossy or anything) and came with a nice surprise,a backlit keyboard. That comes really handy when typing in the dark and is usually found at much more expensive models. The CPU is not something to brag about and is fairly weak by modern standards, but it does the job adequately. Overall, I am happy with this purchase.
on 28 October 2012
Thin, stylish, great keyboard and the multi touch trackpad is great for windows 8 once you get used to it. Its very fast and handles the windows 8 experience well.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2013
My desktop "blew up", so I had to replace it in a hurry. This was offered, but with 1TB hard drive and 8GB memory. It is much quicker than the old machine, but runs windows 8, which I hate with a passion (the enforced puerility of windows7, dumbed down). That said, I can only fault this computer on its keyboard, which is a little flexible for my taste, so I cover it with the black woven material which came with the laptop, and use my Mac-style old keyboard and mouse. A few more USB ports would have been nice, as I now have to connect all peripherals (back-up hard drives) through a hub, which does slow them down. Otherwise, excellent.
on 1 March 2013
Laptop o.k, easy to use but the battery life is very poor..!!!! Look for something else.if you like to watch films.
on 3 April 2013
bought for a present and it was just perfect it was received with delight and was just what they wanted
on 15 January 2013
No problems setting uo or using so far, I was concerned it had Win 8 insted of Win 7 but also wanted to try it.
Downloaded "Classis Shell" to get the start button back, becouse the laptop does not have a touch screen
not that I wanted one.