Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 3 July 2013
I am now on book 5 in the Sam Archer series. I have loved them all and book 5 is showing signs of being just as good. The author is very detailed in his descriptions making it easy to picture what is going on in your imagination. I have thoroughly enjoyed the series so far and hope Sam Archer stays alive long enough for more adventures!

Louise
x
on 23 July 2013
The Sam Archer series had me hooked from the start and I have read all of them now. If you want a book which demands to be read as it it action all the way then this is it. I was lucky reading them in order and I think that is best. If you like a good thriller then read it
on 2 December 2012
Have read all 3 of the Sam Archer series, what a great read. Could not put them down, refressing, gripping, had me on the edge of my seat and more than once i missed by station on the way in to work. Can not wait for then next one. Must read.
on 8 March 2015
I enjoyed this book, but with some reservations. I have no trouble suspending disbelief when there is a good story being told. But it was hard to believe that World War Three was breaking out in the middle of London with automatic weapons and even a bazooka (although I got the impression it was actually an RPG)! Where were the security services and the special forces which certainly would have been deployed. Lee Childs tends to have his Jack Reacher character do his mayhem in isolated places maybe for this reason?

There are some parts of the plot which don't hang together too well. For example, why would the head of the ARU section take himself off without any means of communication given what he knew of The Panthers? Why would he put his wife and children in the line of fire?

There was lots I did enjoy, including the back stories of the characters but for me it started to verge on the irritating at times. On saying that I would certainly read at least another of Tom Barbers books.
on 29 June 2013
I love this book, was a real page turner, Blackout (no 3) is my first read of this author I loved it so much I have since bought No1 and 2. Sam Archer is a super cool guy. Well worth a read.
on 16 March 2015
Good characters, good plot, fast paced. Impressive for such a young writer. Solid writing but clearly a writer who has not yet reached full maturity. Could develop into another Lee Child.
on 11 October 2016
Quite simply this book is a fantastic read - fast paced and exciting. My first Tom Barber book and I am about to order book 4 and intend to read his other books. Highly recommend.
on 5 March 2015
What a whirlwind action packed from start to finish best sam archer story yet I was right sam is heading for the USA and I will be following the next book is waiting on my kindle!
on 18 December 2014
Absolutely love it ,so good. Try it you will not be disappointing. I will say that this books it might look like men books but I a woman in my fifties and I really enjoy them.
on 6 September 2013
I have really enjoyed reading the Sam Archer series of books. I only wish that Tom Barber could write them as fast as I can read them. They are really exciting page turners.