Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

Laura and Matthew have been happily married for 7 months until Laura learns that Matthew made a terrible mistake a week before the wedding. To help Laura deal with her marriage crisis her friend Marty takes her along on her holiday to Miami. I am actually travelling to Miami later in the year and am very excited, so figured what better way to prepare myself than by reading Paige Toon's new release. Ever since reading Jonny Be Good by Toon I have read quite a few more of hers and was really looking forward to this one.

As soon as I started reading and realised just what Laura was escaping from I couldn't help but feel for her. A trip to Miami seems like a good idea and as soon as Laura, Marty and another friend Bridget start their journey it seems like Matthew is out of the picture. Paige Toon does a smashing job in describing the Miami Keys and I found myself wishing my holiday would come sooner. Distraction for Laura comes in the form of Leo who helps the scuba diving courses in the Keys. Laura's instantly attracted to him but is in complete turmoil as she is there to give herself space, not to fall for another man!

What I liked about this story from start to finish was that it really wasn't very clear what Laura was going to do. It didn't feel so cut and dried as some books do and you really feel for Laura as she struggles to make the right decision for both her and her marriage. It was very easy to get completely wrapped up in this book and if it's one you plan to take on holiday, don't plan to move from your sun lounger for too long. There wasn't any part of the book that I didn't enjoy with one small exception. Towards the end when I was still reeling from Laura's initial decision, another major event takes place. What niggled me was that this happened literally a few chapters from the end and before I knew it I was reading the epilogue. Don't get me wrong it certainly didn't spoil the book but I couldn't help feeling it was a bit rushed.

I know that there were some small references to characters from other books, but I have yet to read some of her older work so wouldn't have noticed the link as I'm reading her books out of sequence. Overall, I think this was an absolutely brilliant book and would really recommend it to people. When you are making your holiday packing list, don't forget to include The Longest Holiday at the end!
on 26 June 2017
I loved reading this book. It was one of those books that hooks you in and then you just can't put down because you need to know how it ends.
I really enjoyed the moral dilemmas that it threw up and it made me question what things you are prepared to forgive your partner for in a relationship.
Beautifully written and breathtakingly emotional, this story really moved me.
I will definitely be reading more from this author
on 2 February 2017
It was a lovely easy, breezy read. The characters have a realistic vibe to them and the acted like normal people would under the circumstance. A recommended summery read.
on 5 March 2017
This is the first of Paige Toon's books that I've read, it was Kindle free book. On a dark winter's day it was just what was needed to cheer me up. It was a lovely heartwarming story set in the Florida Keys. I could feel the warmth of the sun and the story taking away the January chill!
on 16 April 2017
What a fantastic book I loved all the people in it I loved Leo I thought they would be a triwt in it that she would go back to Matthew which would be disappointing but I loved the book and Paige toon great writer too. But I wasn't happy with the ending I thought there would be more chapters in it. But apart from that it was a great read
on 25 August 2017
Loved this book. Read it in a day.
Good story, great characters, good leading lady and man of course.
Would appeal to everyone,
Did not see that twist coming at all!
Thoroughly lost myself in this book within the first few pages.
Go grab it and enjoy.
on 15 September 2017
Easy to read book which is great for a holiday read. Full of "will she won't she" moments! Xx xx
on 20 July 2017
A pleasant easy to read summer book.
on 30 July 2017
Great story. Really enjoyed it
on 29 May 2017
Good holiday read for me