on 15 December 2015
I thought I had written a review for this dress already but maybe not. Suffice to say - its absolutely gorgeous. Really classy. Makes me feel like a real lady :)
on 10 October 2017
Lovely fit - very pleased with the dress.
on 22 May 2013
Ordered this dress and when it arrived it looked like an old rag. It is made from cheap nasty material that screws up and it's thin and nasty. I thought maybe it would look better on. It didn't. It looks lovely in the picture but in reality it's a total let down. The fabric ruins it completely. The style is not bad but that's all. Come on blue banana, don't let your customers down by selling us dresses made from inferior cheap fabrics. The price for this rag of a dress is crazy. I was very disappointed. I sent it back and I'm dubious about ordering from blue banana again. I have 2 other dresses that are fine from them. But this one has lost my confidence in making another order.
on 18 February 2015
I have purchased a number of blue banana clothing items in the past and they have always been lovely clothes and well worth the money. This item as per usual arrived in a lovely packaged box with a lolly in the bow. Its a nice touch. The colour of the dress is as advertised but that where my praise ends. This dress is shapeless and not well made from cheap material on both the outer of the dress and the lining. It is not a dress that I would ever wear to a special occasion. I have decided to keep the dress purely because it will be okay for work in a semi smart environment. Not expecting anybody to compliment me on the dress as I have been on my other blue banana purchases. What a shame.
on 26 March 2013
I am a curvy size 14 at 5'6" and this dress is the perfect fit and length - just below the knee and snug over the bust. It has a really nice scooped neckline and the fabric is good quality. It's not shiny, like some stretchy fabrics, and the finish is good. A hit in my book.
on 20 February 2013
I adore this dress .... been hunting for something that looks classy, that can be dressed up or down , is easy to wear and care for ...... but not black ( my wardrobe mainstay ) ....... this is it !!!! love it !!! love it !!! love it :D
on 9 February 2014
I love this dress, it feels gorgeous on and hangs beautifully and doesn't seem to crease. It has a lining inside, of a similar, if not the same material and the dress itself, which I feel without, my lumps and bumps would show! The material feels heavy but in a nice quality sort of way. It has an empire line top part and from then on gently starts to flare out, so it is VERY flattering. I love the 3/4 length sleeves, a must for a lady in her late 50's... You can dress it up or down, in fact, when we go off traveling, this will be in my suitcase for sure. You will love the way the dress comes packaged too... I would definitely recommend both the dress and the company :0)
on 24 August 2013
This is a lovely dress and looks great on. It is just the right length and fits like a dream
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to look smart and be comfortable.
on 21 June 2016
Love BB dresses. Always,always fit. In lenght and all else fits in too. I am not a tall being (slightly below 5ft-158cm) weight 52kg. So not tubby,not skinny. Certain areas more "pronounced" (B&B) and I usually buy a size 12 now(before I had children it used to be 8 or 10)dresses like the A-line type from BB usually just reach to cover my knees completely. So do the "wrap-dresses" Also own two more dresses(forgot what they call them)the ones with ties in each sleeve that are somewhat lower cut around the bust..well they reach almost down to my ankles but no altering/taking up was needed. If you are a size 12 but taller than 160cm,you might find this type of dress a bit short?depending on your style of course and how you usually like it. The quality I find o.k. I wash on 30 but have also washed on 40deg and dresses survived unharmed. It's a fairly thin fabric,has a bit of stretch to it but seems "robust"to last you some time. A bit of ironong required(I think so anyway) but is easy to iron. Could be worn for all sorts of occassion(dress up or down) very pleasant to waer. Unlike BB tops(have 3 I think) I found all tops -size 12 -very tight cut under my arms..for some reason. And of course all BB clothing is overprized for what it is.
on 7 October 2015
Colour is more dark purple than navy blue, which bummed me out a little, but this dress is sooo comfy and has a nice, heavy flow, so I forgave it a long time ago for the color thing.
Thinking about buying an actual purple one too.