on 6 October 2016
I've used Incipio Feather cases for all 3 of my iPhones and think they are brilliant, the same CANNOT be said for this version. For some unfathomable reason they decided to chamfer the corners on the front of the case. All this has done is allow damage to occur on all 4 corners of the front. Why the heck would you want less protection on the corners? In essence if the corners contact something the first thing to get hit is the screen or silver case, NOT the so say, protective case. Whoever the designer was needs a good poke!
on 11 November 2012
This iPhone case provides a decent level of basic protection for the iPhone 5, but I can't help but feel that the product was rushed to market somewhat so that it would be available at the launch of the device.

On the positive side, the case is very thin, though does feel fairly sturdy. It needs some encouragement to get the iPhone inside, but in doing so it remains firm; there's no give when the iPhone is in the case. Almost all the edges of the phone are adequately covered, though the bottom is left exposed for the various ports and speakers, and the top edge is uncovered to allow access to the sleep/wake button.

The case does have quite a soft, smooth feel to it, which is a little odd to try to describe. The matt texture looks good, though it's prone to smudges, and I find that after a few days' use it needs a good wipe over to clear off any fingerprints (but then maybe I'm just dirty). It's comfortable to hold, and adds very little to the iPhone in terms of weight or girth. Interestingly though, after a month or so of use, some of the edges have started to 'wear away' (for want of a better phrase). The case is still perfectly intact, but the soft 'feather' coating seems to have worn down on the back edges of the case, revealing a more shiny plastic beneath.

The main disadvantage of the case is when looking from the front of the phone. The edges cover the side of the phone just fine, and then protrude ever so slightly, so that if you were to put the phone face-down onto a surface, the edges of the case would prevent the screen from touching the surface. So far, so good. However, this feature, paired with the thinness of the material, leads the edges of the case to almost feel sharp at points. I can't imagine I'd end up cutting myself, but it's still noticeable.

Screen protectors are included with the case, as well as an applicator, but I've avoided using them (I like to think the glass is strong enough!).

I'm not the type to throw my phone around; I tend to treat it quite carefully, so this case offers all the protection I need. However, if you're more inclined to throw it in a handbag with your keys, I'd worry that this might not be enough, and could quite quickly start showing signs of wear and tear.

Having already purchased the terrific Feather case for my iPad 3, I thought that buying this would be a no brainer. If you want a simple, plain and discrete case for your iPhone 5 as a precaution (I'd be too scared to go commando!), then go for it. However if you're looking for more serious protection, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.
on 10 November 2012
As said by others, the black coating wears from the edges quite quickly. I carry my phone in my shirt pocket, so there's not much in the way of abrasion, however, after a few weeks the edges of this case are worn through to the white plastic. Given the price of this product this should not happen. I have used other Incipio covers previously without this problem, perhaps the rush to get an iPhone 5 case out quickly has resulted in minimal product testing prior to release.

Other than the unslightly wearing, it's a good lightweight cover.
on 25 November 2012
I bought this case as I'd previously had an Incipio case for my 3GS which has worn well and provided great protection for the phone. This case however has been a huge let down. It's became badly scratched in the first week, showing very obvious signs of wear and tear. This is despite the phone being carried in a pocket with no other items.

A similar case for my I-Pad2 has also fallen to bits so I can only conclude that quality control at Incipio has dropped. I will be looking for a new case for both. Avoid.
on 13 December 2014
The case is nice and worked well to start with. Good fit. I'm not sure what the life expectancy should be, but 4 months later most of the corners of the case have fallen off. All the plastic around the top left and bottom right corners of the case has gone. It's a mix of getting caught on clothes once in a while, and just general use. I'm ordering another case now.
review image
on 1 October 2012
For those who Dislike Cases, and Love the look of their Iphone.....

Okay as the title suggests, This case really is for those who hate to hide away their beautiful new Iphone 5 behind a chunky, bulky non asthetic looking case..... rest assured this case is different.

I bought the Incipio Feather case because I wanted to protect my new (Expensive) gadget as best I could whilst keeping the phone quite slim, and sleek so I could show off it's looks.

The Incipio Feather, looks, feels, and is generally great (In a nutshell) the fit is very tight and when snapping the phone into the case you get a sense of quality that was factorfed in when the case was designed. This pleases me :)

I have recently been up hiking and used this case whilst using my Iphone camera, the case withstood the elements, some rain drops and was nice and grippy when I had my gloves on ...... This is just for info.

The case also comes with a scrren protector, screen cloth, and a little stand.... All of which were nice little bonuses.

ps. For those people moaning about top, and bottom edges being shown and / or the case not being sturdy enough can I please remind you that this case is called the "Feather" .... It is designed to be thin sleek, and retain the look of the phone, which it does very well.

If you work outside or require something more heavy duty, buy a case that is aimed for such use.

Thanks
on 12 October 2012
Have had Incipio cases in the past and they have been good quality and lasted well.
The outer covering of this case started to peel from the corners after less than a week and has only been in my pocket with no other items.
It would appear that there is a major quality issue with these Iphone 5 cases after reading other reviews. Incipio should acknowledge they have a problem and stop selling them until it is resolved.

My advice at the moment, buy another make!
on 5 September 2013
Had the same cover for my IPhone 4. On both occasions I thought twice about purchasing because of negative reviews. I never had any problems with the last one. So far the same with this one. Don't understand what people are doing with them to cause them to fall apart, but they seem perfectly good to me. Definitely recommend. Don't place too much weight on the "they disintegrate in your pocket" chat.
on 20 October 2012
After having the Incipio NGP on my old phone which was too bulky I decided to go for a Feather. The case is very thin and does not compromise the hold and feel of the phone in your hand. It feels well made and has a good finish. A few bad points are that it leaves the top and bottom sides of the phone exposed and would give no protection if dropped. Having had the case a few weeks and not exposed it to any rough treatment the corners of the case have started to peel. This can be scratched off but it should not happen on a case of this value. The other issue is the side near the volume buttons does not always stay in place and needs pushing back occasionally. Other than that the case fits down the sides quite snug and does not have any play.
on 19 February 2015
I bought this exact case a few months ago, particularly because I had an Incipio case for my iPhone 4. The look and feel of this case was nice, but as time went on, every corner has now snapped off, leaving my phone vulnerable and causing it to slide up and down, inside the case. The corners now get caught on the inside of pockets. I was hoping this case would be perfect, considering it's sleek look and feel; very stylish, but sadly not withstanding enough for everyday, usual, use.