on 28 September 2012
Ordered this Incipio Feather for my new iPhone 5, as the Speck PixelSkin HD would have taken months to arrive from Amazon. It's ok for what it is, and protects the sides and back of the iPhone 5 no problem. However, there is absolutely no protection for the top and bottom edges, which are left completely exposed. With any sort of normal daily handling, the black paint will still come off those easily.

It's not a bad product by any means, but the inexplicable lack of protection for the top edge in particular is just bizarre, given that there's nothing up there now besides the on/off switch. I'll be replacing this case with a Speck as soon as they're more readily available.

It also comes with a cheap plastic stand, which is better than nothing, and a screen protector which doesn't cover the entire screen. Again, this will be getting replaced by a MediaDevil protector as soon as those are available.

UPDATE 6/10: Now experiencing the same problem as everyone else - the rubberised coating has come off all the corners of the case, leaving hard, bare plastic. And the lack of protection for the top and bottom of the phone has led to it getting chipped. This is not acceptable, so I have returned the case for a refund.
on 5 September 2013
Had the same cover for my IPhone 4. On both occasions I thought twice about purchasing because of negative reviews. I never had any problems with the last one. So far the same with this one. Don't understand what people are doing with them to cause them to fall apart, but they seem perfectly good to me. Definitely recommend. Don't place too much weight on the "they disintegrate in your pocket" chat.
on 21 October 2012
First impressions of this case were good, it is nice and thin and soft to touch. The soft feeling is due to a silicon type coating on the case. This is the main weak point of the case though, within 2 days of using the case the soft touch coating had started coming off around the edges of the case. Being a brand new phone I was being very careful with it. Whilst at home my phone was on a table and whilst out and about it was kept in my jeans pocket. I kept my keys/loose change in another pocket so there wasn't anything rough to be rubbing against the case. After about 7/8 days a lot of the covering round the edge of the case had rubbed off, making it look like I had the case a lot longer than a week. It was at this point I returned the case to Amazon for a refund.

Other points that made this case poor quality include the area around the volume buttons which had a far bigger gap than necessary, increasing the risk of the side becoming scratched. Also the screen protector that came with it doesn't fit to the very edge of the screen and the spaces for the button/camera/speaker seem to be bigger than what is needed.

I bought the Spigen SGP iPhone 5 Case Ultra Thin Air Series - Soft Clear after returning the Incipio. This case seems to be made to a much higher quality and I would defiantly recommend it over the Incipio.
review image review image review image review image
on 11 November 2012
This iPhone case provides a decent level of basic protection for the iPhone 5, but I can't help but feel that the product was rushed to market somewhat so that it would be available at the launch of the device.

On the positive side, the case is very thin, though does feel fairly sturdy. It needs some encouragement to get the iPhone inside, but in doing so it remains firm; there's no give when the iPhone is in the case. Almost all the edges of the phone are adequately covered, though the bottom is left exposed for the various ports and speakers, and the top edge is uncovered to allow access to the sleep/wake button.

The case does have quite a soft, smooth feel to it, which is a little odd to try to describe. The matt texture looks good, though it's prone to smudges, and I find that after a few days' use it needs a good wipe over to clear off any fingerprints (but then maybe I'm just dirty). It's comfortable to hold, and adds very little to the iPhone in terms of weight or girth. Interestingly though, after a month or so of use, some of the edges have started to 'wear away' (for want of a better phrase). The case is still perfectly intact, but the soft 'feather' coating seems to have worn down on the back edges of the case, revealing a more shiny plastic beneath.

The main disadvantage of the case is when looking from the front of the phone. The edges cover the side of the phone just fine, and then protrude ever so slightly, so that if you were to put the phone face-down onto a surface, the edges of the case would prevent the screen from touching the surface. So far, so good. However, this feature, paired with the thinness of the material, leads the edges of the case to almost feel sharp at points. I can't imagine I'd end up cutting myself, but it's still noticeable.

Screen protectors are included with the case, as well as an applicator, but I've avoided using them (I like to think the glass is strong enough!).

I'm not the type to throw my phone around; I tend to treat it quite carefully, so this case offers all the protection I need. However, if you're more inclined to throw it in a handbag with your keys, I'd worry that this might not be enough, and could quite quickly start showing signs of wear and tear.

Having already purchased the terrific Feather case for my iPad 3, I thought that buying this would be a no brainer. If you want a simple, plain and discrete case for your iPhone 5 as a precaution (I'd be too scared to go commando!), then go for it. However if you're looking for more serious protection, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.
on 1 October 2012
For those who Dislike Cases, and Love the look of their Iphone.....

Okay as the title suggests, This case really is for those who hate to hide away their beautiful new Iphone 5 behind a chunky, bulky non asthetic looking case..... rest assured this case is different.

I bought the Incipio Feather case because I wanted to protect my new (Expensive) gadget as best I could whilst keeping the phone quite slim, and sleek so I could show off it's looks.

The Incipio Feather, looks, feels, and is generally great (In a nutshell) the fit is very tight and when snapping the phone into the case you get a sense of quality that was factorfed in when the case was designed. This pleases me :)

I have recently been up hiking and used this case whilst using my Iphone camera, the case withstood the elements, some rain drops and was nice and grippy when I had my gloves on ...... This is just for info.

The case also comes with a scrren protector, screen cloth, and a little stand.... All of which were nice little bonuses.

ps. For those people moaning about top, and bottom edges being shown and / or the case not being sturdy enough can I please remind you that this case is called the "Feather" .... It is designed to be thin sleek, and retain the look of the phone, which it does very well.

If you work outside or require something more heavy duty, buy a case that is aimed for such use.

Thanks
on 12 October 2012
I've used similar 'thin shell' cases before so knew what to expect in terms of protection for the phone. Was happy with what came in the box, screen protectors, etc. What I didn't expect was the matte coating to start peeling off almost instantly. I've been using it for about two weeks now and it looks absolutely terrible. The finish is awful.

On my iPhone 4 I used an Incase thin shell case and the matte coating on that lasted nearly two years before it started peeling. I won't be returning this but certainly wont buy Incipio again.
on 12 October 2012
Have had Incipio cases in the past and they have been good quality and lasted well.
The outer covering of this case started to peel from the corners after less than a week and has only been in my pocket with no other items.
It would appear that there is a major quality issue with these Iphone 5 cases after reading other reviews. Incipio should acknowledge they have a problem and stop selling them until it is resolved.

My advice at the moment, buy another make!
on 3 October 2012
I've had a feather for my iPhone 4 for a couple of years now and loved it, so I figured I'd get the one for the iPhone5 too - Again great quality and it doesn't add much to the weight or thickness of the phone which is what I was looking for. I don't use the stand or screen protector so can't comment on those.

The only downside is that the bottom edge is quite sharp which becomes quite noticeable when holding it for a long time!
on 1 October 2012
This is not a good case. The bottom edge is sharp, and uncomfortable to hold. For the level of protection it provides your phone, it's an absolute rip off: the top and bottom edges of the iPhone 5 are inexplicably left unprotected, which means that you very quickly get the black paint on those surfaces being scratched/scuffed/chipped through everyday wear and tear.

Moreover, since this is a snap case, I actually ended up doing more damage to the phone getting the case on and off than if I'd never put it on at all. I've just come back from buying a cheap rubber case which actually does its job!
on 13 December 2014
The case is nice and worked well to start with. Good fit. I'm not sure what the life expectancy should be, but 4 months later most of the corners of the case have fallen off. All the plastic around the top left and bottom right corners of the case has gone. It's a mix of getting caught on clothes once in a while, and just general use. I'm ordering another case now.
review image