on 4 October 2015
I'm 182cm and 90KG (that's 6' and 200lbs in the old money). I took this vest out on the weekend for the first time. I went on a 10.6k walk (about 6.5 miles). I did this in about 107 minutes so my pace was average. I was wearing the vest with 9kg and I definitely noticed the extra weight on the inclines.

It's a bit of a struggle to get the vest on but with the straps loose and the vest only at 50% capacity I managed to lift it over my head and put it on like a stiff t-shirt.

Once the vest is on it felt comfortable, but somewhat restricting - much like wearing a back brace (I'm guessing here). I noticed the restriction the most whilst going up hills - my thighs would hit the bottom of the vest if I raised my knees too high.

I had no issue with rubbing or chaffing and other than the weight and the slightly restricted movement I didn't notice the vest at all - I was wearing my skins underneath the vest). I was walking around Richmond Park in the South West of London in October so overheating wasn't going to be a problem but I imagine that wearing this in summer would produce rather a lot of sweat.

The build quality is great, but the vest is bulky (I wore a rain jacket over mine least someone think I was wearing an IED).

On the whole this vest is great value for money and really helps me take my walking up a notch.
on 24 November 2015
Quick delivery.
Good quality materials.
A bit tricky to put on, but once you got it it's OK.
Quite happy with the vest (and the adjustability of it).
Only downside is that is a bit too long and you can't really bend much (squats etc.) but I guess it's purpose is for pull ups, chin ups etc.so that's not really a issue.
Overall great product!
on 28 October 2015
Very impressed with this product. It's well made, as you'd expect from RDX, and the weights are 8 tubes that are slid in so impossible for them to fall out. It's definitely made my jump squats much harder!!!

My only issue (and it's a small one!) is it's quite long and inflexible. I'm 6'2" and the vest just stops me getting my bum right down to the floor on squats. Other than that, it's ideal.
on 21 May 2015
Did a lot of shopping around before buying this one and good value for money also great quality, got it figured as 2.5kg bags in the back and 2kg bags in the front, four of each.

Well worth it
on 16 December 2013
I run my own business and have found it increasingly difficult to get the time for regular exercise. However, I walk the dog twice a day. I bought the vest to make the dog walk more of a workout. For me it works well though I think its use will be restricted to winter and cooler days in autumn and spring. I wear it under a coat. I can't wait until somebody asks me if I've put weight on - YES, but not how you think.
on 19 January 2016
Good vest. I've been for a few runs in it and it's very comfortable. The weights fit well and don't impede movement.
There is a strong smell coming from it, which is presumably due to the material it's made of. I've mostly been running outside, so it wasn't a problem and the smell is going away. It was quite unpleasant when I first unpacked it though.
Other than that I'm well pleased with it.
on 31 July 2015
Absolutely awesome, heavier than I thought it would be which is a good thing, only just got used to running in it. Looking forward to the first run without it. Don't listen to other reviews about 'lacking in quality', just be mindful of what they were using it for. For general training ie. running, bag work, weighted pushups/pull ups, I don't see how the quality could let you down and I'm confident it will last as long as I can use it for.
on 1 October 2012
has a good weight, you can feel the effects after 20 mins easily.

i do reanactment, so for me i bought it to beef me up abit.
was usefull for geting used to the weight of plate. - verry good for basic activities, cuts into your shoulders if your not properly built in the shoulders, so this is for medium builds, or if your small build do wear something underneath it. ither a light jacket, or a padded coat - anything that will spread the load across your shoulders evenly-

apart from that, this is great for getting used to weight, or to be worn for any exercise activity- great buy dispite the shoulders not being ideal for me. after acupple weeks wearing it. my shoulders have alredy adjusted, and it has visable results.

good buy ++
on 24 February 2017
Absolutely massive and cumbersome. Certainly not for much other than walking. I'm 6ft and 96kg and it just gets in the way compared to so many others. It is however extremely well built.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2015
Quick delivery. Having removable inserts is a great advantage to enable you to increase and decrease weight depending on needs. Straps are difficult to do up once on. Would be better with shorter clips at side rather than the long Velcro straps.