Customer reviews

Self Entitled
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 2 October 2012
NOFX are still making some fine music after being together for so long, Self Entitled is no exception. There are some great stand out tracks here, my favorites are Ronnie & Mags, I, Fatty, My Sycophant Others, I Believe In Goddess, 72 Hookers & I've Got One Jealous Again, Again. I do have a gripe with some of the tracks on here that sound similar to songs NOFX have produced in the past, i guess being together for the time they have that's natural, there's only so many ways to play a punk rock song but even with that the majority of the efforts on this album justify NOFX's continual existence. Fat Mike is still as witty & intelligent lyrically as before, the more 'fun' songs are scarce on this record, which i'm not complaining about, NOFX aren't out there as a joke band. I can't fault the musicianship, the guitar sound is just right & the bass is loud enough with a nice tone to appreciate it.

As for the vinyl record itself, there's all the lyrics printed out on the inner sleeve & some great photographs of the band. There's also a small card with a download code for the mp3 version of the album.
on 18 February 2017
Amazing album. Not coloured or anything but it does the job of being a great NOFX album
on 30 November 2015
VERY GOOD
on 15 December 2014
It's NOFX what more can I say!! One of my favourite bands so I love this....simples!
on 15 April 2013
as ussually NO FX cant be bad.Sound ofcourse good.I did miss them cos I had no time to buy any new albums and this one was in good price.
on 17 February 2015
great
on 21 September 2013
I'm collecting all of NoFX's CDs, so I didn't want to miss it. They have never disapointed me - neither this time.
on 13 September 2012
When you bear in mind the longetivity of this band and the huge number of songs written by Mike over the years it is amazing that they can continue to release albums of this quality.
The subjects written about are diverse and mature even if the language used to express the ideas isnt so mature.
Musically I think its impactive and reflects just what accomplished practitioners these guys are.The guitars are scorching,the bass line thumping and in some instances complex and the drumming quite simply blistering.

The opening track is quite simply fantastic and for me is like a distillate of all NOFX songs boiled down into one and quite probably has the best intro ever!

Buy it,if you are a fan you'll love it!
on 15 November 2012
I've been a huge fan of NOFX since I first discovered them when Pump up the Valuum was released. While, considering how long they've been going, being one of the most consistent bands there is they have had a few songs that seemed a little samey or rushed. Recent example being Cokey the Clown.
I can't be as harsh as to say this is a return to form because they've never been anything but the best punk band there is, but it certainly seems to have a huge amount of feeling behind this one and there's nothing samey about it.

Almost 30 years and still going strong!