Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.09

I've never been a classical music fan, I think that could be because I had never really listened to it, so I assumed I didn't like it. However, I saw this on offer on Amazon and thought I would give it a try. I had the idea it may be nice playing in the background when I was reading or studying etc. And it was and it is. I've listened to the whole album at least 3 times now since purchasing and I really like it. It does do the trick relaxation wise, it doesn't dominate your mind, it just enhances whatever you are doing. I even fell asleep one night listening to it on my iPhone as I drifted off to sleep. Perfect. Makes me feel so chilled.
Highly Recommend, even if you think you don't like classical music.
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2013
calm relaxing music to listen to whilst i read or just chill out. Great that i have placed it on my kindle so i can take it with me on the train, bus, hospital waiting room etc
on 28 February 2013
The first music I have ever downloaded to my Kindle. Most of the pieces will be familiar to most people. Listening to The Moonlight Sonata, which my father used toplay, made me cry. This is not a critisim.The sound is good but of course that may vary with the player. I would have liked it if the composers had been listed as well as the performers and title. Possibly they are on the actual cover but the kindle doesnt show that, even on the rolling credits when playing. Good value.
This mp3 sampler has 50 songs of well-known classical favorites from "Fur Elise" to "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals to Bach's "Jesu: Joy of Man's Desiring"

If you have any classical collections, even three different sets, you'll probably own 85% of the tracks here. That's not to say that you shouldn't spend the 99 cents for this collection.

The benefits are, is that you don't have to download them to your Amazon music account (and thereby using some of your paltry 5GB music space allowance) and, two, you can access this and any other songs or albums you own from your Amazon purchases from any internet-ready source.

I especially like this collection because of the number of tracks. I don't have to worry about getting up and looking for something else to put on when I'm reading. This uninterrupted time is very good for long reading stretches.

Calm, peaceful and reading-sitting ready music.

5 stars.
on 13 January 2013
In the short time I have had the music, I have not Listened to all of it as yet.
What I have heard, I have enjoyed.
Will continue to work my way through the tunes.
I think it is good value for the money paid.
on 15 December 2013
The choice is not entirely all relaxing, the playing style is often badly directed and too fast, it's like the difference between cooking wine and fine wine. This is cooking wine. Going for Classic FM album instead.
on 16 January 2015
Great to play when I am stressed 😐.
Also good to listen to whilst driving😠.
Really calms me down and relaxes me 😊😊😊😊😊👍 Highly recommended especially if like me you suffer with high blood pressure.
on 15 April 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable and as it says on the tin great to relax to. I love having this on in the background with the Sunday papers or just sitting with my kindle with my latest book. No need to pick the tracks you want, there's a good variety here and they've already been picked for you
on 2 September 2013
Not really what I was after, which is why I've marked it down. I must have misunderstood or the information given wasn't clear...I'm not sure. Anyway the music on this is music I know well and would be happy to have playing in the background, or to sing to, but not to meditate or sooth myself to sleep. Too many memories invoked and would just get me thinking or as I said singing.
on 31 January 2015
This is ideal for background music to other activities and I am enjoying it. My only criticism is, as I believe a previous reviewer mentioned, no mention is made of the composers of the various pieces. Otherwise very pleased with it.