TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 May 2013
It was nice to get a 'freebie' track from this performer, and interesting enough to tempt me to buy an album!! The track is not your run of the mill song, but does get a bit 'trippy' in the middle section and fails to build on a really nice intro. Still, miles better than most of the pap we are subjected to on Radio 1 in the morning, of late!!

These free MP3 tracks are always worth a download and listen from Amazon - just to have some exposure to an alternative artist if nothing else, the most you have to lose is a few minutes of your attention!! Some artists need more than one listen to get into and I think Bat for Lashes falls into this category, so having the download is nice to listen to, when you want to.
4 people found this helpful
on 10 October 2012
I am a Bat for Lashes fan and am looking forward to the release of the album later this month and it promises to be great judging from the quality of this free track. Marylin features spine-tingling double tracked vocals, memorable chorus and some superb queasy buzzing synths.Hope she does this live when I see her in Norwich on the 26th.
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 8 November 2012
I have enjoyed listening to this piece of music, reminds me somewhat of the Cocteau Twins style. I am not completely sure about the laughter in the middle, but apart from that, I have played through the track several times and it has definitely grown on me. I have in fact also purchased the new album from which this track is taken and can recommend the album too.
on 5 April 2018
its ok
on 17 May 2013
I first got this as an iTunes free single of the week, and was intrigued by the strange vocals and melodies, and the different lyrics. It's not gained really wide recognition in today's 'hop-hop' world, but is worth a listen if you like stuff a bit more out of the ordinary.
on 28 December 2015
Beautiful, minimalistic and this always reminds me of a Kate Bush song but I can't remember which one. It was free too so thumbs up from me!
on 23 November 2012
This hooks you in from the start very much like some older Goldfrapp tracks did. You know from the outset that it's going to be good, it doesn't disappoint, and it gets better when you get to know the track.
There are subtle overtones of some old Kate Bush tracks, but that is no bad thing.
There are some touches of Björk's use of unusual sounds or voices as instruments. Complex, interesting, rewarding.
on 18 May 2017
Only a couple of tunes I liked. Not worth it.
on 18 July 2013
Hints of Lisa Gerrard, the more ethereal Kate Bush and Dead Can Dance, this is a really awesome track. I have no idea what their other music sounds like, but this track is a keeper.
One person found this helpful
on 11 December 2012
Just not my cuppa. Well produced, written and performed, but there is something missing and I'm not sure what. Maybe just different tastes. x
3 people found this helpful