TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 May 2013
It was nice to get a 'freebie' track from this performer, and interesting enough to tempt me to buy an album!! The track is not your run of the mill song, but does get a bit 'trippy' in the middle section and fails to build on a really nice intro. Still, miles better than most of the pap we are subjected to on Radio 1 in the morning, of late!!

These free MP3 tracks are always worth a download and listen from Amazon - just to have some exposure to an alternative artist if nothing else, the most you have to lose is a few minutes of your attention!! Some artists need more than one listen to get into and I think Bat for Lashes falls into this category, so having the download is nice to listen to, when you want to.
on 10 October 2012
I am a Bat for Lashes fan and am looking forward to the release of the album later this month and it promises to be great judging from the quality of this free track. Marylin features spine-tingling double tracked vocals, memorable chorus and some superb queasy buzzing synths.Hope she does this live when I see her in Norwich on the 26th.
VINE VOICEon 8 November 2012
I have enjoyed listening to this piece of music, reminds me somewhat of the Cocteau Twins style. I am not completely sure about the laughter in the middle, but apart from that, I have played through the track several times and it has definitely grown on me. I have in fact also purchased the new album from which this track is taken and can recommend the album too.
on 17 May 2013
I first got this as an iTunes free single of the week, and was intrigued by the strange vocals and melodies, and the different lyrics. It's not gained really wide recognition in today's 'hop-hop' world, but is worth a listen if you like stuff a bit more out of the ordinary.
on 11 December 2012
Just not my cuppa. Well produced, written and performed, but there is something missing and I'm not sure what. Maybe just different tastes. x
on 23 November 2012
This hooks you in from the start very much like some older Goldfrapp tracks did. You know from the outset that it's going to be good, it doesn't disappoint, and it gets better when you get to know the track.
There are subtle overtones of some old Kate Bush tracks, but that is no bad thing.
There are some touches of Björk's use of unusual sounds or voices as instruments. Complex, interesting, rewarding.
on 13 September 2012
Thanks BfL for the free download! This is a great track, and Laura too. What's with the penchant for songs with names in the title though? (Daniel, Prescilla, Sarah, Pearl... now laura and marilyn too.. lol) Anyway, can't wait for the new album in October.
on 24 February 2013
Bat for Lashes return with yet another genre defying track of strangely likeable quirky alternative electronic tinged melodica.Great vocal harmony. Probably not yet fully comfortable in the mainstream,but thats half the magic.
on 18 July 2013
Hints of Lisa Gerrard, the more ethereal Kate Bush and Dead Can Dance, this is a really awesome track. I have no idea what their other music sounds like, but this track is a keeper.
on 12 February 2013
This is my first bite of Bat, all I can say is it will not be my last. The swirling soaring vocals and the little silly bits make up for a quite beautiful difference to most music.