Customer reviews

on 7 December 2013
It took me just 10 minutes to complete easy setup, including putting in the oil and fuel. After carefully reading the 3 different startup procedures, each of these procedures worked well. The generator runs well, and the noise level is as I expected for this powerful machine i.e. quite quiet, it is heavy, and a set of wheels put that right. The pack that came with the machine was minus the spare aprk plug, as shown on the Amazon website, and it is for that reason I gave it a 4 star. Warranty registration was fine online. Overall very pleased and it's Easy to start, and a great machine.
on 8 November 2013
This is an incredible machine. It is unbelievably tiny yet produces sufficient power to keep most devices in my house functioning. The electric start is a great bonus. It produces very clean power output which drives my UPS devices and computer equipment without issue.
on 18 July 2013
Ordered online Tuesday, delivered Thursday morning. Purchased as temporary replacement for a worn-out marine 16kva unit. I duly unpacked and filled it with oil and petrol, snapped the battery connection together, pressed the fuel primer 80+ times, switched the remote switch to on, pressed the remote quickly twice (all as per the instructions that came with it) and away it went!I then located the unit in the forward locker of our barge (from whence the defunct marine unit was removed)and to my absolute amazement and delight, the remote fob operates the generator to start and stop the unit from inside the wheelhouse 40 feet away. Given that the vessel is steel, this has come as a very pleasant surprise. In addition to that, this unit is quieter than I had imagined and very compact. Highly recommended - excellent value and very well made.
on 28 December 2013
We decided to change our old generator when the boiler man said we couldn't run the sensitive electronics on it, which meant we couldn't heat our house (LPG boiler) during a power cut. Found this one which can run sensitive electronics safely due to the inverter and we love it. It is heavy and not tiny but it is moveable and the key fob start function is brilliant. Seems nice and quiet whilst running too. Now all we need is a power cut....
on 30 April 2014
This is a excellent generator great for off grid i have not used the key or pull start as yet i use the remote start and stop fob.
I purchased this for my motor-home has all so supplied power to two other motor-homes with out any problems.
Yes its heavy to lug around but stays put when running.
Yes you can buy cheaper Generators, by golly i am glad i did not.
Highly Recommended. If you want a decent Generator go for this one you will not be disappointed.
From a very happy customer.
on 14 December 2012
This generator exceeded all my expectations and is quiet and easy to operate. I misunderstood part of the instruction manual but this was entirely my fault and the after-sales help I received was fast and unstinting. Definitely a 5* service.
on 28 August 2015
This has a genuine inverter output of mains voltage so critical with microprocessor controlled devices. I have only given four stars for just one criticism there is no way to see how much fuel is in the tank. With the manufacturer recommendations to switch off the electricity before stopping the engine to avoid possible damage this isn't made easy. Fit a fuel gauge then i would give it 5 plus stars.
on 11 February 2015
The generator is the remote start version and it arrived in great packaging and in good time for my application. Filling with oil is a bit of a fiddle and mopping up spillages is not easy due to access.

On initial start up, you have to prime the fuel bubble over 30 times and it will start off the key after about 5 attempts. If you try to remote start the generator (which is what I need to do for the lights in our yard area), you cannot from cold as it won't auto prime… without you getting out of the car and priming it… then you can remote start it…. but if you are there you may as well use the key start. Remote starting is OK when the unit is warm.

The generator also cuts out after a period of running and I am not sure why (may be a load sensing issue if the load is not present?). So you have to restart it again

A good product when it works, but the unit really needs an auto prime function.
on 11 April 2017
This has no auto prime so in the morning you have to go out and prime before it can be started remotely. Why bother then with a remote start?. To prime requires 90-100 presses of bulb ( if you are lucky!). The choke cable has been taken round the outside of the float chamber and rubs on it causing the choke to stick. There is no vent valve on the fuel cap so entire motorhome smells of fuel when transporting. Fuel filler is directly above front control panel so any fuel spills onto control panel. Battery is extremely fiddly to take out and recharge with plug in connector which is difficult to connect to a charger. I have returned this unit twice and it is still extremely difficult to start. Remote control lost when returned and this requires replacement of entire unit not just remote. I have a Kippor which auto primes and starts so easily after one or two pulls. I cant understand why there is no autoprime on a generator with remote start. Very noisy under full load eg boiling a kettle.
on 18 July 2014
While I've only had this a short time. Friends who have seen this running And have felt they could manage without on there campers. Or caravans. are now showing a lot of interest. Good buy.