Change is difficult for some, but I thought I was past that. However, the new Midsomer Murders and the new Barnaby is taking much more time for me to acclimate than I thought.

Neil Dudgeon as Chief Inspector John Barnaby rankles somehow. Bringing in a new, unknown DCI would have been much better than a relative. I like the guy, he has an irony and sense of humor that make me smile. But, he is not the old Barnaby, not quite. Jason Hughes as Detective Ben Jones seems much too old to be playing the bumbling young Detective. Too quick in his assessments and too quick with a wise crack. Someone younger would be more believable. In one case Barnaby calls Jones, who says he is in bed and not alone. Nothing was ever said again about that instance, and I thought how odd. This is a team who by the fourth episode seemed to hit some sort of stride, but I don't know that I will continue with this series.

The series has taken a 90 degree turn. The mysteries seem darker, the killings more violent, I gather that is our wont now, but not in Midsomer, please! There are also seems to be an increase in supercilious characters in these
episodes, some very unlikable people. Reading this over, I see I have been quick in my assessments. When the next series of episodes arrive, I will view again, and see if time changes my attitude.

Recommended With Some Hesitancy. prisrob 09-07-14
on 1 May 2013
I'm pleased with the new Midsomer Murders. John Barnaby does just fine. He sometimes comes off as a little over-psychoanalytical, but on the whole I've enjoyed the change over. The later Tom Barnaby episodes used a little more humor and I appreciate that. I mean when the murder weapon is a wheel of cheese...you've got to get a little humor out of that.
on 28 May 2013
Fascinating picture of middle classes in today's U.K. The contrast is not too "marketing-formatated" between the two main characters: the Newcastle self-made Lewis and the intelligent Oxfordian mystic sergeant (far more morally built than the repulsive Morse).
on 30 October 2014
The item is brilliant it was delivered early I was very pleased with it. This is why I gave it five stars. it was totally worth the money and would consider buying more.
on 21 April 2013
My wife and I love this series so much that we have got the whole set that as come out.Also it is easy viewing to watch in the evening .First class series
on 31 August 2014
Superb packaging and quality.
Would recommend to anyone wishing to increase their Midsomer Murders collection.
on 2 July 2014
I have always enjoyed Midsummer Murders it is a very good programme I would highly recommend it.
on 26 August 2016
Great nice mystery - funny, clever and engaging. Well worth a watch
on 20 June 2015
midsomer always good fast delivery
on 5 December 2015