on 25 November 2014
When I saw the price of these cartridges, I thought the day of cheap colour laser printing had now arrived! I do a lot of printing and have been happy with Cartridge World refills up to now, but they were costing around £120 a set.

I fitted the black and yellow toners in August and now, after 3 months, I couldn't be more disappointed. Printing has steadily got worse and worse. The toner smears across the paper leaving a horrible streaky grey residue. Areas of solid colour are hopelessly patchy and mottled. Yellows are faint and very uneven. Now, the laser is virtually unusable for anything but personal text documents. And, I dare not fit any more of these toner cartridges.

So I'm looking for decent quality replacement toners and hoping the print quality will recover after a while. If not, this cheap toner adventure will prove to have been anything but cheap, as I'll have to factor in the cost of new drums or a new printer.

I do wish buyers would not write reviews or give these toners five stars without having had the experience of using them successfully for some months. Other people (including me) are being given false hope that we have hit the 'cheap toner jackpot' only to wast a lot of precious time, paper and money.

Update 23 Dec: Have just fitted toners from CartridgeSave (set of four cost me £97) and almost immediately the quality is back to normal - what a relief!
5 people found this helpful
on 12 June 2018
 I bought one of these and it seems to be slowly wrecking my machine.

It's dumping cyan toner out into the guts of the machine which is causing cyan streaking but worst of all the toner is clogging up the gearing of the machine which are now slipping, grinding and making a horrendous noise.

I've had to pull the machine apart and clean the cyan from all the other rollers and toner cartridges but it's not fixing anything. Seems to be the feed of cyan onto it's first roller is way to heavy.

I'd stay away from these toner cartridges completely. Definitely should have stuck with a simple B&W laser printer.
review image
on 30 October 2014
I have only replaced one of the cartridges so far and it worked as expected. The quality of print seems good. A complete assessment cannot be made until all the cartridges are reset and then depleted. At that point I might be able to evaluate the average number of pages per cardridge. Is there an independant company that evaluates the numerous ink, toner cartridges etc produced? I suppose not since it would required numerous printers. Sorry to waffle on.
on 7 December 2017
Have bought these a few times and they have been fine previously, however this time not so good. The black cartridge has a think black line across one of the long side of the pages, and whatever I do it will not disappear. If the seller reads this, please can i have a replacement as the one you sent me is duff!
on 1 January 2016
No complaints at all about the quality of the print from these cartridges which are a fraction of the price of Brother's own. If you have a compatible Brother colour laser printer these are highly recommended as a economical replacement for high quality printing. Highly recommended.
One person found this helpful
on 23 December 2013
These work as perfect replacements for the standard Brother units. No printing or colour issues noticed. Decent toner fill means a good number of pages can be printed.
2 people found this helpful
on 26 October 2015
Excellent - and a perfect match for my Brother HL-3070CW, The products are packaged well so no problem on that. Super fast delivery and the price was just right.
on 8 April 2017
there good
on 17 June 2013
This product does not live up to an acceptable standard. We have only printed a little more than 20 colour pages with very poor results. The pages look like they are being printed from a printer where the cartridges are running low. We can in no way recommend this product. A waste of money.
One person found this helpful
on 6 May 2013
Such good value for money and very quick delivery. Cant understand why people pay £20 and upwards when they can get them so cheap.
3 people found this helpful