on 6 November 2013
After buying 2 Acer S220HQLBrbd monitors (and returning them due to extremely poor quality) I had to shop around for 2 sub-£100 monitors for a dual screen setup. These do the job perfectly, so far!

I do a bit of gaming, design work and just general browsing and these are ideal for all of the above without spending too much. The viewing angles are good, not as good as my 4 year old LG but considerably better than those on the Acer monitor I tried - vertical viewing suffers a bit more than horizontal viewing. But unless you're using these monitors at more than a 45 degree angle, they won't cause a problem.

The stand feels quite flimsy upon initial opening, but once attached it's fairly sturdy. The tilt movement is very smooth for a monitor of this price. Didn't take me long to adjust colours to my liking either, didn't even have to load software. Haven't tried the speakers and don't intend to as like the majority of other built-in monitor speakers, they'll be very poor for anything other than Windows system noises.

For those who are wondering, a DVI cable is NOT included, but a VGA is. Only other slight negative is the time it takes the screen to actually come on - it's a couple of seconds longer than you'd expect. But in the grand scheme of things, not a deal breaker.

Overall, fantastic value for money, especially in the sub-£100 range. If you want better colour, I'd go up to an LG IPS monitor for just over £100. But if you really want fast refresh rates for gaming, the BENQ GL2450HM is a decent price.
on 7 November 2016
I bought two of these for one of our warehouse office's they were cheap and the quality is excellent. We use these for web work and the colour reproduction is perfect for out needs.

They are easy to set up and took literally minutes from unboxing to set up. They are lightweight and fairly pleasing on the eye. One point of note is the stand is a little on the flimsy side but that said we haven't had any issues with it.

Would I recommend it yes, if you are looking for a small screen with a fairly descent picture quality which is at a competitive price point this will do nicely
review image
on 22 July 2017
Very pleased with these. I bought 4 of them for a "cluster" setup I needed in my office. The quality is good as well. My only gripe is the speakers. You could barely hear anything, and as such I'm still using my external speakers. Reading some of the other reviews though, it does sound like this is a general issue with monitor speaks anyway (as they have to be so small to fit in the casing)

Otherwise, great price and quality.
on 14 October 2015
Good monitor. It has a full 1600x1200 (4:3) resolution which can be scaled to 1920x1080 (16:9) with the help of AMD and Nvidia drivers. The monitor has built in speaker that need to be connected to the motherboard via audio cable in order to work.
This all sounds good and it is....except this monitor came with a dead pixel. What's really annoying is that i paid good money for a monitor that came with a dead pixel; the dead pixel itself is not an issue because I don't focus on it or look at it for long periods of time...but it's still there. When I bought this I didn't expect a dead pixel to appear.
Apart from that this monitor is pretty good for it's price. I would recommend it when building a budget PC or if you're looking for a quick replacement for your monitor.
on 31 October 2016
Bought two of these both have rubbish speakers very quiet and tinny but as I only want to listen to you tube etc on the web I can tolerate it, what I cant be putting up with is the four dead pixels to be honest the other monitor has a good picture overall.
After about a month of use, plan b bin them and buy something worth having these are crap...
on 25 April 2017
Very pleased with the Monitor in size and picture quality. but unfortunately the sound is very poor, to the point were you could hardly hear it and I watch a lot of iPlayer. I have subsequently bought loudspeakers which has solved the problem, but has added to the cost However, it was disappointing as the reason I bought this Monitor was because my previous monitor, which I had for eight years, was a Hannspree and I never had a problem with the sound.
on 30 July 2017
the screen has developed the same problem that caused me to buy a new one in the first place, a thin 'bright' line runs down the screen horizonatally and there are TWO 'blob' of black at the bottom of the screen covering the task bar.This less than a year old
on 3 February 2014
I have this display attached to a Mac server, and it sits on my desk next to an Apple screen that costs 8X the money. It isn't as good as the Apple product, but it is extremely good. I'm not worried about sound quality, but for the eyes, you could sit and work at this monitor very happily all day long. It has a crisp and steady hi-res image. I don't think you could safely do colour-critical work with it, but maybe if I put in the effort setting it up more carefully I'd be surprised.
on 31 July 2016
Really good value for money. The screen is bright crisp and clear. I was so impressed I purchased a second one - I'm using DisplayLink adaptors to run a pair of them, and they look great.

The downside: the stand and bezel feel a bit flimsy (compared to the enterprise £££ ones). These would not be suitable if you are constantly adjusting the a angle of the screen.

Amazon also did a great job at processing a DOA for me.
on 29 October 2013
Good Monitor for Price. Has built in speakers and both VGA and DVI connectors. Does not come with a DVI cable but I had a spare.
Bought to match a previous model as it was the same size and resolution. Works perfectly well for Windows applications and the simple games like minecraft we play. Do not play an and high spec games so cannot comment on its performance here.
The speakers are a little quiet and not really suited for music, but work perfectly well for the windows bings and bongs as well as low quality Youtube Videos.