Size: 120 Capsules|Change

on 17 August 2014
I bought these because I read about L-Theanine in the nootropics thread on Reddit. Combining 200mg of L-Theanine with 100mg of caffeine is shown to help people concentrate. You can read up on it there and find studies done on this. It is also meant to relieve anxiety.

Now it is difficult to say if it works because obviously the effect would be subtle but I have sometimes tried the combo when I am tired and irritable and have then felt calm. It could be a coincidence or a placebo effect but I have noticed it. Other times when I was already feeling calm or normal I haven't noticed a particular effect but again it's a subtle thing. So overall I am happy with it and would order again.

Also it smells sweet and yummy. Even my cat came up to me and kept sniffing it out of curiosity. This makes it pleasant to take.
on 18 October 2013
The reason tea does not make you jittery like coffee is this L-theanine a non essential amino acid.Works in a different way to most herbal remedies.This brand is very very competitively priced
on 7 November 2013
I order those, I really notice a difference, I am passing an extraordanary period of stress, due to my dad illness and I am still OK. I mean, I still can sleep, think etc....
on 6 September 2014
Like so many similar types of supplement, this acts almost unnoticed as a very calming prop in life. I've been taking it for several months now, and it takes a real-life crisis to blunt its edge. But for the in-between times where I would normally suffer wild mood swings it acts as a very reliable prop. That's why I've ordered some more.
on 10 March 2014
I've tried several brands over the past years, and have found this one as effective and easy to swallow as much more expensive brands (Solgar and Lamberts are my go-to brands).

Whether L-Theanine helps you or not will depend on your situation, of course. I live with Fibromyalgia and am taking it to improve sleep quality; 200mg mid-morning work best for me.
on 11 December 2015
A brilliant price for a very effective product. Think valium without the nasty side effects...and much subtler. I take it at night to help me sleep and have taken it at other times of my life during the day with rhodiola when anxious and depressed - a very effective combination.
on 31 January 2016
Since taking L-Theanine from the end of December, I've noticed a marked improvement in my sleep quality and concentration levels throughout the day. Like may I take one of these in the morning with a 200mg caffeine tablet.

The morning fogginess is a thing of the past and I can concentrate on variety of tasks all day and into the evening. Sleep is deep and restful and as the graph indicates measurable.

Very pleased with this product and the real results I've experienced.
review image
on 8 April 2016
Read on the internet about these, was not sure I could get them, came very quickly and hope they do the trick, read to take them in conjunction with 5htp, which I am doing, so far sleeping well and no side effects, good value for money
on 28 February 2015
Not sure, I think taken regularly they have a benefit. Anyone advising taking this with caffeine as a cognitive enhancer, rubbish. There are probably 30 alternatives out there for that. This is more of a long term supplement, potentially helping to reduce stress and a good supplement to help adrenal glands that can become exhausted with prolonged stress.
on 14 September 2014
This stuff is magic. I think it should be in the water supply. Never had such clarity and focus. All my thoughts are crystal clear and it doesn't feel synthetic at all. Thank you!