on 22 March 2014
I'm by no means learned when it comes to headphones, but all I know is these far surpassed the headphones I have owned or tried.
I started off with the MDR-ZX100s and these were obviously not very good at all. They just look nice.
I bought Skull Candy over ears for my daughter and they were a significant improvement in terms of quality and volume.
My Son has the MDR-ZX300s and these out performed the Skull Candy. I was going to go for the MDR-ZX600s when I saw these had come down in price.
When they arrived, I put them on, plugged them in fired up Youtube to test them on my PC and ..... wow. Maybe not the best but certainly an upgrade for me! Made the ZX300s sound like the 100s.
Now I'm not going to be one of those that say they're better than Beats and I've never tried Sennheisers. But I can't get my head around paying three figures when you can get good cans for under £50.
on 26 September 2014
I wont try and come across as I know anything about headphones but these Sony headphones are the mutts nuts. My 19 year old said they was great for the money and for what I need them for. Ends up hes nicked them cos there perfect for him too. Funny that!
on 12 July 2015
I've now had these headphones for over a year, this is the longest I've ever had headphones without them breaking. These ones were a bit tight on my head at first but after a few days of use and nights of stretching they are perfect.
on 13 January 2014
I've resisted buying this type of headphone for use with my portable music players for many years preferring to stuff any number of earplug style devices deep inside my ear, I even have a pair of shure earphones which you have to insert at lightning speed before the foam expands. None of these have been comfortable over 10mins and whilst the sound quality has improved markedly none of them has what you would call deep bass.

So what has made me change my mind ... well fashion to a degree as more people wear over the head style phones now ... and comfort/music quality. For my home headphones I have always chosen Sennheisers and I still think they are the best you can buy overall ... but at a tad over £25 I thought I'd give these a spin based on the excellent reviews.

If you want to be seen wearing the latest £150 DJ phones then don't buy these ... if you want a great sounding set that looks classy and leaves you plenty of change to spend on other items then you can't go wrong with these.
on 8 March 2016
Wow, first of all if you like comfort these basically feel like clouds on your ears. No seriously they are amazingly cushioned, you can barely feel them, also the headband part sits nice too, doesn't slide about or dig into you or anything.

Due to the way the ear pieces are attached too they feel seperate to the headband part, adding extra comfort to them.

I have quite a few different headphones, these are without a doubt top in terms of comfort.

---

Onto the sound now, it's Sony, need I say more? Sound is crystal clear and top quality , not the loudest headphones I'll admit but cancels out noise brilliantly to compensate.

Basically my new favourite pair of headphones, I'd choose them over beats any day.
on 26 September 2014
These are well worth the money and are very comfortable. I had beats solo as I love base and believe me these are the closest thing to them buy are more comfortable than beat. You only get slightly less base than beats but that price these are more worth it
on 9 February 2015
Bought as a gift for my son and he cannot stop raving about the sound quality. Listened to a few tracks on his ipod and was quite literally blown away because of how good they sound. Tempted to get some for myself too.
on 11 August 2014
Only scoring 3 purely based on problems with delivery. Nightmare, couriers wasted our time on 3 different days.
When the headphones arrived they were as shown and seemed to work well. I had to change some settings on my iPod and iPhone as the base was way too much for my ears to handle and my brain felt like it was bouncing. Once I turned the base down on my devices it sounded great - base rich - but great!
on 2 January 2015
Arrived quickly and my son says they are excellent quality, he is particularly enthusiastic by how soft the ear muffs are!
on 21 January 2015
Excellent headphones , very comfortable to wear.

See one answered question